So when do we invade Iran?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vince278

We did try diplomacy first. Through the UN also.
    You call that diplomacy?
    It's diplomacy of ultimatum and NOBODY gave you a right to make ultimatums. It's UN's duty, not YOURS.

One at a time.
    And in your crusade to save the world from WMD, you've started with the one who didn't have WMD?
    Yeah, right. It looks more like you had no balls to invade someone who actually had or could have WMD (NK).

They've been "hopeless" for about a decade or so.
    A decade or so ago they weren't, after 1999 they are.

Wonder why nobody followed up on that?
    Because the rest of the word is bunch of pussies who preffer to close their eyes than admit that you are a real evildoers (c).

That's alot to read all at once. Let me make some popcorn first and a mug of hot cocoa (with marshmallows of course ).
    Those were first there links out of a couple of thousands I found on google. You would need a wagoon of popcorn and a sea of cocoa, if will continue to dig deeper.

Comparably, yes we are.
    What make you think so, except your stereotypes? The scale of warfare in Chechnya and in Iraq is not comparable. In Iraq it's a real war going there, in Chechnya war has been over five years ago.

Thanks.
    It would have been a fun thread.
    Don't think so.

Bring your own shovel.
    Sure. No problemo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vince278
      Watch your blood pressure.
      I just killed a dozen of American cops in GTA:SA, so my blood pressure is fine now, thank you.

Comment

• Why is it that after years of the west trying to help them out that irrelevant arrogance continues to keep Russians from from being able to produce rational thought?

...just wondering...

"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• Originally posted by Serb
          And why the hell Chechnya in comparison with Iraq is the safest place on Earth?
          Made my day Serbie love
          In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

• "If the President does it, it isn't illegal" - Nixon

"That goes especially for war crimes, because God told me how to protect the world from terror." - Bush

Comment

I just killed a dozen of American cops in GTA:SA, so my blood pressure is fine now, thank you.

I just ground the USSR into ****ing dust in Hearts of Iron, so I guess we're even.

Really? Or perhaps you can't provide an example where they strike a military target. They prefer to kill children and women, 'cuase soldiers would kick their pitty arses like they always did.
              It must have been another Russian army that was chased out of Grozny. My Bad.
              Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

You must be kidding.

Because, NK already have nukes and Iran could have one soon. You have invaded Iraq using WMD as a smoke screen and at the same time you "talked" with NK. Hypocrites. Had you really wanted to get rid the world of WMD you would started with NK. But no, you've invaded Iraq, because you knew they don't have any WMD, and thus your risks will be minimal.
                Not true. George invaded because Saddam try to kill DAD. George did not give a sh1t about Saddam until he try to kill Dad.
                Look at it this way. OBL lives in Afg/Pak. We have around 30 to 40 K troops there looking for him maybe. In Iraq, we had 130K to look for Saddam.

Bush and OBL family are friends, and have been friends a long time. Maybe the family ask Bush not to find his son, and Bush may have said OK, I will look, but just not in the right place. They found Saddam in 1 1/2 to 2 years. They have been looking for OBL since 9/11/2001 almost 4.5 years.

Comment

• I have a much simpler yet more comprehensive answer.

Bush I was critcized most for (1) not taking out Saddam and (2) his "read my lips, no new taxes" comment followed by a tax increase.

Bush II, in order to redeem the family honor, invaded Iraq with only the slimmest of excuses and cut every tax he could get his ax on.

The guy is psycho.

Comment

• Not that the issue of Pakistani soverignty or no US troops crossing the Pakistani boarder would have anything to do with it. Or even the fact that the native people of that part of Pakistan consider OBL a hero and the Iraqis thought Saddam was a murderous tyrant.

Other than that....
                    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• Originally posted by Zkribbler
                      I have a much simpler yet more comprehensive answer.

Bush I was critcized most for (1) not taking out Saddam and (2) his "read my lips, no new taxes" comment followed by a tax increase.

Bush II, in order to redeem the family honor, invaded Iraq with only the slimmest of excuses and cut every tax he could get his ax on.

The guy is psycho.
                      tax cuts

Comment

• To return this sad thread to the point.

What gets me is the myopic view some people have of this whole situation, as if the ONLY reason the Iranians wouald have to get nukes is Israel. That of course is utter ****, specially since the Iranians started fiddling with nukes under the pro-US Israel friendly Shah.

So lets count down the other reasons Iran would want nukes:

1. Prestige. Iran wants to be the pre-eminent power in the Gulf region. Nukes ould enhance their status.
                        2. The US. The great Satan has nukes- deterrence.
                        3. Pakistan. A next door neighbor with a history of supporting crazy Sunni Islamist who don;t like Shiites- like the Taliban. Shiites are commonly attacked within Pakistan. And this neighbor happens to have nukes itself.
                        4. KSA/Egypt. The big Sunni Arab states resent Iran and fear it-they funded Saddam's little war against them. Nukes would gain Iran leverage against these Sunni Arab states.

Heck, in the long run, Pak and the Arabs are probably the bigger, longer lasting geo-strategic issue. Israel's relative power in the region can only fall as its population lags behind, the relative power of its patron the US is supperseded by others, and maybe neighboring regimes begin to modernize their economies.
                        If you don't like reality, change it! me
                        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Bush I was critcized most for (1) not taking out Saddam and (2) his "read my lips, no new taxes" comment followed by a tax increase.

The guy is psycho.

Bush II got reelected, while Bush I went out like Jimmy Carter. I guess Poppy could've benefited from a bit of insanity.
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by GePap
                            To return this sad thread to the point.

What gets me is the myopic view some people have of this whole situation, as if the ONLY reason the Iranians wouald have to get nukes is Israel. That of course is utter ****, specially since the Iranians started fiddling with nukes under the pro-US Israel friendly Shah.

So lets count down the other reasons Iran would want nukes:

1. Prestige. Iran wants to be the pre-eminent power in the Gulf region. Nukes ould enhance their status.
                            2. The US. The great Satan has nukes- deterrence.
                            3. Pakistan. A next door neighbor with a history of supporting crazy Sunni Islamist who don;t like Shiites- like the Taliban. Shiites are commonly attacked within Pakistan. And this neighbor happens to have nukes itself.
                            4. KSA/Egypt. The big Sunni Arab states resent Iran and fear it-they funded Saddam's little war against them. Nukes would gain Iran leverage against these Sunni Arab states.

Heck, in the long run, Pak and the Arabs are probably the bigger, longer lasting geo-strategic issue. Israel's relative power in the region can only fall as its population lags behind, the relative power of its patron the US is supperseded by others, and maybe neighboring regimes begin to modernize their economies.
                            Great post, Gepap.
                            I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

• They want nukes for regime survival - they can't have them, no way.
                              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

You call that diplomacy?
                                It's diplomacy of ultimatum and NOBODY gave you a right to make ultimatums. It's UN's duty, not YOURS.
                                Anyone can issue an ultimatum.

Originally posted by Serb
                                And in your crusade to save the world from WMD, you've started with the one who didn't have WMD?
                                Yeah, right. It looks more like you had no balls to invade someone who actually had or could have WMD (NK).
                                Not just our crusade. Even Russia wants to make the world safe from WMD. Also, we would hammer NK anytime SK says its okay with them. They have the most to lose.

Because the rest of the word is bunch of pussies who preffer to close their eyes than admit that you are a real evildoers (c).
                                At least we aren't the ones with our heads in the sand (or up our a**es).

You would need a wagoon of popcorn and a sea of cocoa, if will continue to dig deeper.
                                Things in Russia are always bigger, aren't they.

in Chechnya war has been over five years ago.
                                Has it been five years since the deaths at the Moscow theater and at Beslan?

Don't think so.
                                Deep down inside you know why.

You and a million American kids. What are the top PC games in Russia now (foreign and domestic made)?

Originally posted by PLATO
                                Why is it that after years of the west trying to help them out that irrelevant arrogance continues to keep Russians from from being able to produce rational thought?

...just wondering...

Its national sovereignty. They have a right to be as stubborn and dumb as they want.
                                "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                                "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                                2004 Presidential Candidate
                                2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Working...
                                X