Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It doesn't help that with the Sugar in Atlanta this year because of Katrina, it's practically a road game for them.

True dat... but the Mountaineers do travel well, so hopefully that negates a bit of it.

Btw, outside of the BCS bowls, the Gator and Peach Bowls look fun. The Gator Bowl matches VTech against Louisville while the Peach has LSU v. Miami.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I'm gonna go ahead and pick the winners in each bowl game. Cower in fear at my football prognostication prowess, mortals.

New Orleans Bowl: Southern Miss over Arkansas State
      GMAC Bowl: Toledo over UTEP
      Poinsettia Bowl: Navy over Colorado State
      Las Vegas Bowl: Cal over BYU (BYU, in Vegas? )
      Fort Worth Bowl: Kansas over Houston
      Hawaii Bowl: Nevada over Central Florida
      Motor City Bowl: Akron over Memphis
      Champs Sports Bowl: Clemson over Colorado
      Insight Bowl: Arizona State over Rutgers (sorry, Imran)
      MPC Computers Bowl: Boise State over Boston College
      Alamo Bowl: Michigan over Nebraska
      Emerald Bowl: Georgia Tech over Utah
      Holiday Bowl: Oklahoma over Oregon (you heard it here first)
      Music City Bowl: Virginia over Minnesota
      Sun Bowl: UCLA over Northwestern
      Independance Bowl: South Carolina over Missouri
      Peach Bowl: LSU over Miami
      Meineke Car Care Bowl (?!?!): NC State over South Florida
      Liberty Bowl: Fresno State over Tulsa
      Houston Bowl: TCU over Iowa State
      Cotton Bowl: Alabama over Texas Tech
      Outback Bowl: Iowa over Florida
      Gator Bowl: Virginia Tech over Louisville
      CapitalOne Bowl: Auburn over Wisconsin (sorry, Barry)
      Fiesta Bowl: Ohio State over Notre Dame
      Sugar Bowl: Georgia over West Virginia
      Orange Bowl: Penn State over Florida State
      Rose Bowl: USC over Texas

EDIT: added the Poinsettia Bowl, which I had inexplicably missed the first time. That's 28 fearless prognostications, people. Who's your daddy?
      Last edited by Guynemer; December 5, 2005, 15:46.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Oklahoma should win over Oregon. Pac-10 sucks after USC as Texas Tech showed last year.
        "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

• Do we need 28 bowls? Honestly?

Some games that catch my eye, apart from the BCS games:

The CapitalOne Bowl shouldn't be much of a game, but don't count out the Badgers wanting to give Alvarez a final win.

The Hawkeyes ought to complete an odd season with a minor upset in the Outback Bowl.

Roll Tide--Alabama should continue to expose Texas Tech in the Cotton Bowl.

The Peach Bowl could go either way, and will probably end up as one of the best three or four bowls this year.

The Sun Bowl should have a lot of fireworks between the Bruins and the Wildcats.

The Sooners will make a statement for next year and beat the bejeezus outta the Ducks in the Holiday Bowl.

Those are the games that ought to be the most exciting and surprising.

EDIT: 28 bowls, not 27. Damned Poinsettia Bowl.
          Last edited by Guynemer; December 5, 2005, 15:46.

Comment

• I'll think about making picks later for the rest of the bowl games, but my picks for the BCS games are:

Texas in the Rose
            Penn State in the Orange
            Notre Dame in the Fiesta
            Georgia in the Sugar
            CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
            Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
            Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
            Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• I think Texas Tech will win the cotton bowl. They were the only team to have an upset last year.
              "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
              "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
              "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
              "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

• I'm still tickled by the thought of the Fightin' Mormons playing their bowl game in Las Vegas.

Comment

• I'm sure Bobby Petrino over in Louisville is taking a look at Miami and, especially, FSU in their victories over VTech. It seems over the last half of the season they lost a step. Hopefully they can keep on sticking it to them .
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• I'd love to see it happen, but I don't think it is in the cards, no pun intended. That Louisville D is real thin--anorexic, even.

Comment

• What, the FSU defense was great?

Comment

• Touche.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donegeal

On Wisconsin!
                          C'mon, Donegeal, have a little more faith in your boys.

Up for an avatar bet on the game?
                          Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

• This is going to be a rough Christmas.

My sis dotted the I when she was in the marching band at OSU. The rest of the family are mostly Notre Dame fans, but there are OSU fans peppered in.

Ooh, I'm already starting to get stoked...

Big Game Time!!!
                            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• This is really delicious. Brady Quinn played against AJ Hawk in peewee football!
                              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Originally posted by reismark
                                It's official:

Not a bad set of games. The closest to a dud is Florida State/Penn State and that's only because of the recent run of suck the Seminoles have been on. I'm really anxious to see USC/Texas & Notre Dame/Ohio State, though, and curious to see if West Virginia can play with the big boys. (It doesn't help that with the Sugar in Atlanta this year because of Katrina, it's practically a road game for them.)
                                More correctly, it's a home game for Georgia.

ACK!
                                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                                X