Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can always judge the true severity of a Bama loss by their excuses on Monday.

Close game - The refs were paid off.
    Not so close game - Probation still has us down. We'll be back.
    Having your manhood ripped away and being shown just how far your program lags behind your in-state rival - Uh, uh, Tuberville's a classless jerk for holding four fingers up (signifying four in a row over the *****) after the game. Coach Bryant would have never done that.

I don't exaggerate in the slightest when I tell you that I've heard that smokescreen all day long from Bama fans, in person and on the radio. In second place is "J.P. Wilson (who came in at QB when Brodie Duran said "no mas" and quit the game) is going to be great (he's not even going to be close to it)!" They can literally find nothing else positive to take away from the game, which delights me to no end. Not enough bad things can happen to those people. If Al Qaeda ever wants to make a conciliatory gesture toward the U.S., I suggest sending a suicide bomber to a Red Elephant Club meeting.
    Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

• Originally posted by DanS
      I don't believe it gave Fresno State the best chance to win. Let's look at it this way. If before the game somebody told you that USC and Fresno State got into a shootout, who would you have expected to win?
      I would have said, "Fresno State has a chance then."

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• West Virginia kicks the crap out of Pittsburgh

Man, it looked cold as Hell up there in WVU. And I can't believe that the QB and RB are both freshman (the QB a redshirt frosh)! They both had over 170 yards rushing in the game!
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• LSU 19 - ARK 17

I feel sorry for all you suckers that missed that game. Incredible football.

Almost as sorry for Chris Balsiero, who after missing two field goals must be the sorriest man in all Arkansas. Anyway....another "almost" for the Razorbacks!
          meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

• 1. Texas (4) 58
            2. USC (2) 56
            3. LSU 43
            3. Penn State 43
            5. Virginia Tech 28
            5. Notre Dame 28
            5. Ohio State 28
            8. Auburn 24
            9. Oregon 14
            10. UCLA 4

ARV: Miami 2, West Virginia 1, Georgia 1.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Wow... 3 way tie for 5th!
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• It's a rather extreme reflection of the prevailing conventional wisdom:

USC & Texas are in a class by themselves.

Penn State & LSU are a step behind.

And there are about four teams (OSU, ND, VT, Auburn) who are just a step behind them.

And after that? Heaven only knows.

Comment

• Well after that you have some really good 1 loss teams in Oregon, UCLA, & West Virginia. UCLA will probably lose, but Oregon and WVU should be able to stay with one loss.

Comment

• OK, Imran, now that South Florida has totally blown it, I'll admit it: I was wrong about West Virginia not being a top 12 team. That still doesn't mean that their conference deserves an automatic bid.

So West Virginia officially punches their ticket, all Notre Dame need do is win to all but officially punch theirs, and the conference championship games are all but set (Colorado v. Texas in the Big 12 thanks to the chokejob by Iowa State, LSU v. Georgia in the SEC, and Florida State (HAW HAW HAW!) v. Virginia Tech if they win, else we'll have to wait until next week).
                    CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                    Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                    Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                    Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• MWAHAHAAH .

West Virginia is a good team that doesn't blow out many people because they play a ball control run-first, run-often, run-only offense (they passed a total of 10, yes TEN, times against Pitt). The scary part is their top 2 rushers (the RB and the QB) are both freshmen (the QB is a redshirt frosh, but has his 4 years).

Comment

• I'm still not sold on West Virginia. I think they're a very good team, but that is a soft schedule. We'll find out in the BCS, but I think they'll be overmatched by anyone they play. Unless, of course, FSU somehow beats VT and WVU gets matched up with the Noles. In that scenario, the Mountaineers win by 30.

Comment

• They may lose to LSU or Penn State, but with their defense and running game, they'll make it close. Virginia Tech would probably beat them by 2 TDs again.

Comment

• Looks like ND will juuuust slip by Stanford. And Georgia to do the same against Georgia Tech.

Comment

• Man, it's amazing how close a game can be, even though you have almost 700 yards of offense.
                              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Nothing I saw this week made me change my list, except exchanging VTech and LSU.

1. USC
                                2. Texas
                                3. Penn State
                                4. Virginia Tech
                                5. LSU
                                6. Ohio State
                                7. Auburn
                                8. Oregon
                                9. Miami
                                10. West Virginia

Comment

Working...
                                X