Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to see the whinefest when Texas kicks USC to the curb.
    They play who's on the schedule. They couldn't play Texas Tech or TCU again, even though it would be better games this time. Certainly better than this pathetic "team".

No. 1
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• If FSU wins, I wonder if Reismark will still be blaming West Virginia on Oregon's behalf .
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
        If FSU wins, I wonder if Reismark will still be blaming West Virginia on Oregon's behalf .
        No, I won't be. Because Florida State will have become the worst team in the draw (worse than West Virginia) and one that shouldn't have gone anywhere near the BCS after the way they finished out the regular season.

As I said... the ACC deserves this for their arrogance.

This still doesn't mean the Big East deserves their auto bid, though.

Would this guarantee an ND - Ohio State matchup in the Fiesta Bowl?
        As it turns out, it probably does.

Last edited by reismark; December 4, 2005, 01:25.
        CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
        Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
        Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
        Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• The above is, of course, assuming that Florida State holds on. Otherwise, just plug in Virginia Tech wherever you see Florida State in that post.
          Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
          Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• This still doesn't mean the Big East deserves their auto bid, though.

Seeing that WVU will finish in the Top 12 of the BCS, sure it does. Maybe if they were outside that BCS eligible mark, you'd have an argument... but you don't. Hell, they'll probably have 2 teams in the Top 15 (WVU and Louisville). The Big XII can't say that .
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• HEHEHEHE... FSU wins the ACC! Couldn't have happened to a better conference .

Comment

• I really question whether you're right about the rules, reismark. The Fiesta gets to choose its host and then they start the first round of choices.
                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                  Seeing that WVU will finish in the Top 12 of the BCS, sure it does. Maybe if they were outside that BCS eligible mark, you'd have an argument... but you don't. Hell, they'll probably have 2 teams in the Top 15 (WVU and Louisville). The Big XII can't say that .
                  I'll talk about that more tomorrow when I discuss my standard for conference eligibility for automatic BCS bids, but needless to say, by that standard, the Big 12 would still get an auto-bid while the Big East would not

Comment

• DanS: Doesn't matter so much anyway, we'll know by tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by reismark
                      I'll talk about that more tomorrow when I discuss my standard for conference eligibility for automatic BCS bids, but needless to say, by that standard, the Big 12 would still get an auto-bid while the Big East would not
                      Yes, yes... because you have a hard on against the Big East.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanS
                        I really question whether you're right about the rules, reismark. The Fiesta gets to choose its host and then they start the first round of choices.
                        Here's how the rule reads...

Any BCS bowl game(s) still remaining unfilled will submit a listing of its top three team selections to fill its at-large slot. Any team that is guaranteed a berth in a BCS bowl game and that has not already placed in such a game must be listed among such bowl game's first two selections. Each BCS bowl will then be given its highest preference of teams.
                        This means that if the Fiesta selects Notre Dame to host its game, two teams that have automatically clinched a berth (Penn State & West Virginia), plus one at-large slot, will remain. Since all three bowls will have a slot to fill, all three bowls MUST rank Penn State & West Virginia 1-2 (in either order) and reserve their third slot for the at large team. This means that the at-large team goes to the Sugar Bowl no matter what (as long as Notre Dame is the team the Fiesta picks to replace Texas).

We've basically got three scenarios, all reliant on what the Fiesta does...

Scenario #1: Fiesta picks Notre Dame
                        Rose: USC/Texas
                        Orange: FSU/PSU
                        Fiesta: ND/West Virginia
                        Sugar: Georgia/Ohio St.

Scenario #2: Fiesta picks Penn State & West Virginia
                        Orange: FSU/ND
                        Fiesta: PSU/West Virginia
                        Sugar: Georgia/Ohio St.

Scenario #3: Fiesta picks Penn State & Oregon
                        Orange: FSU/ND
                        Fiesta: PSU/Oregon
                        Sugar: Georgia/West Virginia

Of these three, #1 is the most likely. If something else happens, it's because the BCS decided to throw the rules out.
                        Last edited by reismark; December 4, 2005, 00:38.

Comment

• Oh, and the top ten:

#1 Texas
                          #2 USC
                          #3 Notre Dame
                          #4 Penn State
                          #5 Ohio State (+1)
                          #6 Auburn (+1)
                          #7 Oregon (+2)
                          #8 Georgia (*)
                          #9 West Virginia (*)
                          #10 TCU (*)

Dropped: LSU, Virginia Tech, UCLA

Comment

• Then all they have to do is choose OSU to host the Fiesta, since ND now might have an automatic bid.

I really would like to see ND play the best available.
                            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Btw, just heard that if Ohio State finishes in the Top 4 (probable), that means they are get an auto bid as an at large.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanS
                                Then all they have to do is choose OSU to host the Fiesta, since ND now might have an automatic bid.
                                Oooh... you're right. Notre Dame being automatic does mix things WAY up if the Fiesta passes on them in favor of Ohio State, because then all three remaining teams would be of the automatic type, and there's nothing in the rules about the order the bowls would be able to rank them.

Still, you have to think the Fiesta will take the Irish, meaning the Buckeyes still go to the Sugar and everything else breaks down the way I've guessed. It only becomes an issue if the Fiesta passes on the Irish in favor of the Buckeyes (and even then, the Irish would still get swapped up by the Orange).

So while the possibility for an interesting situation is there, I still think the Irish's opponent ends up being West Virginia or Florida State.

Comment

Working...
                                X