Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know anything about a repressed libido?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sphinx871
    Look left, under your username.
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

• Originally posted by DRoseDARs

I'm just messing with you. DL = Double login, a tactic used by people trying to get around having been banned (permanent or temporary) for some reason or another, or by people wanting to post something but not wanting their regular login exposed, or by spambots.
      Don't forget those of us who just want to hassle the man.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• d
        Last edited by Dis; November 10, 2005, 13:38.

Comment

• I just started reading this thread.
          My reflex response to Dis's last statement is :
          That's like saying dreams, ambitions get in the way of life.
          But in a way, they are also what drives life, they ARE life.
          Same goes to johnmc. Somebody else could argue that whatever you think is left in your pure sex-less relationship is vile. As someone pointed out, you could carry your argument further and include things material in general etc.. whatever.

Comment

• Why the Libido is Bad and Should be Eliminated Through Medication
            by John McLeod
            OK, I am giving up on you. You're on your own, kid.
            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Comment

• Hear, hear. Sexual desire is not evil, and certainly confronting that desire won't make you "creepy" or a bad person - in fact, once you face it, you will be a much healthier person.
                Yeah I have to agree with that. Sexual desire, is not in of itself evil. Acting on these desires can be quite another thing though.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by johncmcleod

I think that is BS. You can have a great, romantic relationship that is platonic but beyond friendship without sex.
                  If you mean no "intercourse" or even no activity where one actively participates in bringing the other to a sexual climax, I can agree with that. Lots of people delay those activities but their relationship is not "sexless". They feel the attraction and arousal every day . . they flirt, they caress hands, they make meaningful eye contact and the fact that they delay for months or years the actual sexual gratification makes their relationship no less sexual.

To me a great romantic relationship has a sexual component, whether or not it is acted upon.

Originally posted by johncmcleod

A lot of people wait until they are married to have sex. You can't say their relationship until their marriage was not romantic, not valid, and not as valuable as a sexually active couple.
                  I would never say that. I would argue that most of the couples that wait to have intercourse or other more explicit sexual activity still are sexual beings throughout their courtship and both feel and express desire. Or do think that extended kissing sessions have no sexual component?

Most sexually active couples don't have loving relationships anyway.

Thats one heck of an out of your ass assertion. Do you assert that more sexually inactive couples have a loving relationship? Oh and how do you define a loving relationship exactly ??

There is nothing wrong about not having sex.
                  I agree.

. You can be romantic and intimate without doing it.
                  If you mean without intercourse or climaxes involved, I find your statement to be self-evident. But almost every romantic activity can be seen to have a sexual component for many couples. Handholding, kissing, caressing, stroking hair-- all tactile and often very sexual IMHO

Walks on the beach, soft music, candlelight, moonlight-- all can be seen to have a flirtatious , dare I say it , SEXUAL element or undertone

Even say ing I am "in love with"someone , to me has a sexual element. I have never said that to anyone I did not feel a strong attraction to. I like and love some family and friends but there is a very different quality to the feeling
                  You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

Yeah I have to agree with that. Sexual desire, is not in of itself evil.
                    Agreed

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

. Acting on these desires can be quite another thing though.
                    It can be evil if it leads to rape or violence. Consensual activities between competent consenting parties, I see no evil whatsoever
                    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• arghh. I'm really upset right now.

I don't even want a girlfriend, but I'm upset that I can't get one. It's thoughts like these that will drive me crazy(er).

Time to play some civ4 to take my mind off women.

Comment

• this is not the Dis I know
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

• What's scary is the fact you guys are probably thought now to be experts in the field of repressed libido.

Don't believe me? Run a Google on Define repressed libido. Keep it up. That is to say.... umm, hold on a minute.

Never mind.

Apolyton Civilization Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic > Does ...
                          Does he suffer from a repressed libido? What are the effects of this? ... Don't
                          worry about it and don't let other people define what is normal for you, ...
                          apolyton.net/forums/t141311-s.html - 144k - Cached - Similar pages
                          Last edited by SlowwHand; November 8, 2005, 16:56.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Why the Libido is Bad and Should be Eliminated Through Medication
                            Cathars make me horny, baby.

Comment

• I want to reiterate Dis' question: how do you control who you are attracted to? It sounds like both of us get attracted to women way out of our league and can't help it, and not being able to get what you want hurts.
                              "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Comment

• Originally posted by johncmcleod
                                not being able to get what you want hurts.

Join the ***king club Captain Obvious! I thought I was gonna be starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox; life sucks, get a ***king helmet.

Comment

Working...
                                X