Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Issue That Counts: Which Country Produces The Best Beer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
    I'd drink Michelob before I drank Bud.

Ahhh, truth be told, I'd probably just order seltzer instead.
    Not that there's much difference!
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Belgium and the US have caught up

No real surprise though, with so many US posters around here.

Comment

Who voted Australia?
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I take it only 5 of us have been to the Czech Republic?
          CSPA

Comment

Brains SA
            Golden Glory
            Tennents Super

Welsh, English and Scottish.

Golden Glory on tap is the finest beer.
            www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin
              Guinness in the UK is imported from the St James' Gate brewery, Dublin - although thats only a recent change. Its also a reason why I drink Guinness again.
              I stand corrected (obviously someone in England saw sense at last). Although Guinness isn't the best Ireland has to offer.

That was what really used to annoy me about drinking beer in England, particularly bottled beer - you could never be sure where it came from. When they went through a phase of advertising San Miguel heavily it was initially imported from Spain and was fairly OK. Then it started being brewed by Bulmers (IIRC) so if you bought one size of bottle it came from Spain and if you bought a different size it was from the UK and not so good.
              Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Best American beers:
                Sam Adams (Boston)
                Harpoon IPA (Boston)
                Sierra Nevada (Chicago)
                Smuttynose (New Hampshire)
                Dogfish Head (Delaware)

Best Irish beers:
                Guiness
                Killian's
                Harp

German beers: I can't say I've ever had a real German beer, but Becks SUCKS. Talk about having sex in a canoe.

And after a hard day of work in the sun, nothing hits the spot like a Corona (Mexican, left off the list).

I really want to say the US, because 1.) I've never really had more than the major imports and 2.) there are really great microbrews, but...the US has some really, really, REALLY ****ty "beer", so I guess I have to go with Ireland.
                "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

My favourites are Guinness and Stella, but I couldn't find a way of splitting my vote btw Ireland and Belgium.

Mobius - I thought Porter came from Covent Garden rather than Smithfield. Maybe the tourguides at the Guinness Museum in Dublin are changing their story again. Also, I find Murphy's more bitter in flavour than Guinness (despite the advert). Beamish tastes of hops and 'real' ale -- yuck.

Horse - what do Aussies really drink? It seems to me that no-one in their right mind would drink either Fosters or XXXX unless there was nothing else to drink. Or does the fierce heat down under require beer to be made mostly of water?

Comment

Westfleteren...
                    Chimay Bleu ...

GO BELGIUM

*hick*
                    "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

No lithuania in the poll=crap poll
                      Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                      Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                      Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

[SIZE=1] Originally posted by The Emperor
                        Sierra Nevada (Chicago)
                        Sierra Nevada's from California.
                        Goose Island is from Chicago.
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
                          Mobius - I thought Porter came from Covent Garden rather than Smithfield. Maybe the tourguides at the Guinness Museum in Dublin are changing their story again. Also, I find Murphy's more bitter in flavour than Guinness (despite the advert). Beamish tastes of hops and 'real' ale -- yuck.
                          Must be, cos I swear they said Smithfield and I was there only about a week ago...

Funny, I find the Guinness more bitter - but I guess everyone has different taste which is just as well...

I'm just having real probs right now with the US being above the UK in the list - Belgium and Germany I can accept, not the US!

And yes there are great microbreweries in the US, I tried some in Boston, New Orleans and SF - but those are micro breweries producing beers from European recipes in the first place. The overwhelming majority of US beer is piss - in fact they have to make their beer taste nicer before they export it to the rest of the World it's that bad (e.g. Budweiser)!

My favourite four would be Belgium 1st, UK 2nd, Czech 3rd and Germany 4th but what do I know...
                          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by Gangerolf
                            I take it only 5 of us have been to the Czech Republic?
                            Make that four. I voted for Czechia, but I've never been there.
                            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

The only time I took a sip of Bidweiser I almost hurled.

:vomit:

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
                                My favourites are Guinness and Stella, but I couldn't find a way of splitting my vote btw Ireland and Belgium.
                                Ah Stella, AKA 'Wife-Beater' well you'll be glad to know that these days that is a British beer - cos the only thing you're buying foreign on that lager lout piss is the name on the label...

Horse - what do Aussies really drink? It seems to me that no-one in their right mind would drink either Fosters or XXXX unless there was nothing else to drink. Or does the fierce heat down under require beer to be made mostly of water?
                                Correct, they 'export' their **** labels - I say 'export' because that **** is brewed in the UK as well...

However in OZ itself there are some great beers - my favourites when I lived there were Cascade from Tasmania and the James Squire beers, particularly Amber Ale...

Then there's also Hahn, Crown, Tooheys etc...
                                Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Working...
                                X