Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Issue That Counts: Which Country Produces The Best Beer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Issue That Counts: Which Country Produces The Best Beer?

So, which country, in your opinion, produces the best beer in the world? It's really that simple.

(BTW, America, Canada and Australia are the banana options - no one really likes their sh*t do they? )
    England
    10.98%
    Germany
    20.73%
    Netherlands
    3.66%
    Belgium
    18.29%
    France
    0.00%
    Denmark
    2.44%
    Ireland
    9.76%
    Czech Republic
    7.32%
    Poland
    1.22%
    United States
    14.63%
    Canada
    4.88%
    Australia
    1.22%
    Other
    4.88%
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Oerdin is going to come to kick your ass now .

Btw, Sam Adams and American microbrews are damn fine beers

(though simply because of the Guiness factor, Ireland gets my vote )
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Doesn't matter. You should have put up a Banana Republic.
      "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
      "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
      Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Actually I can let the US off on that one, but Canada and Australia, they've really got no excuse, have they?

I haven't voted yet, the jury is still out
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Bill3000
          Bananas make lousy beer
          Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Du Perikles, vorner smager en Tuborg som bedst?
            - Hvergang!

Some Dane might want to correct my spelling, but please excuse me, I haven't lived in Denmark for more than 350 years.
            So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
            Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

USA is there, isn't it?
              So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
              Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

beer sucks

Comment

Many a beer available in the UK is absolutely ****e. Purity laws suck. The chemicals make you feel absolutely crap if you drink most of the stuff available on tap.

I much prefer ales, and now that winter weather is coming a 'warm beer' will do just fine over a cold lager.
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Whoever voted Denmark better have done so to take the piss out of the fact that the Danes get rid of the worst lager in the world by dumping it all on the **** for tastebud British lager-lout.
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I voted for England.

Boddington's is the best damned beer I have ever tasted.
                      Bass Ale? OMFG, that beer kicks a**.

Yeah, it might be the commercial brands but the English beer I've had has been really good.

Second would be the U.S. just cause of Sam Adams. I think Mr. Adams saves the US reputation from total suckage.

Third would be Japan. Sapporo is really smooth. But that Asahi Super Dry is like drinking the friggin Gobi desert.
                      Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                      Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                      *****Citizen of the Hive****
                      "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                        Bananas make lousy beer
                        Banana beer is cool, you can get bottles of the stuff in the supermarket - I think it is an English company that produces it...

So if you want to vote a banana option, pick England...
                        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

1) Czech Republic
                          2) Belgium
                          3) Germany
                          CSPA

Comment

While there are many glorious American microbrews, they form a very small part of the vast American market.

In terms of general excellence, I think Belgium does the best job. Germany and the Czech Republic are certainly high up there too.
                            If you don't like reality, change it! me
                            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

QFT!

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder
                              beer sucks
                              QFT!
                              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Working...
                              X