Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Issue That Counts: Which Country Produces The Best Beer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought 6 cans of Stella for £5 on Friday from a Costcutter(?) type shop. Reassuringly expensive my arse!

I wish I had gone to a decent offie and bought some bottled Adnams.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

One of my favorite small brewers is New Glaris up in Wisconsin-great beer.

Anyways, here in NYC there is a Belgium restaurant that on mondays offers all their Begian beers half priced, so I can get a bottle of Chimay for 4 bucks
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

my country regularly and proudly comes in first as the most drunk on beer - so shut up.
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

The Czechs are still the number one consumers of beers.
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

czechs don't count - there aren't enough of them
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Just about half as many as there are Australians, plus they probably start drinking earlier so there might be about as many beer drinkers. Their beer is better too, amount of drunkenenss doesn't count, it's quality.

Comment

Its easy to get drunk. Take a look at the homeless who drink turpentine and methylated spirits all day. Doesn't mean there **** is good.
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                  my country regularly and proudly comes in first as the most drunk on beer - so shut up.
                  Is there also a statistic regarding lack of tastebuds too?
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                    Germany. Duh.
                    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin
                      The only reason I can think is that its cheap and safer than drinking the local water in certain countries.
                      They have their own local, cheaper vareties.
                      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

• Originally posted by Cort Haus
                        Horse - what do Aussies really drink? It seems to me that no-one in their right mind would drink either Fosters or XXXX unless there was nothing else to drink. Or does the fierce heat down under require beer to be made mostly of water?
                        Victoria beer and Toohey's I think. At least, that's what spending time in Walkabout teaches me..
                        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

• Why only 6 votes for Czech?

Joint top with Germany.
                          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                          We've got both kinds

Comment

• Czechs drink iirc about 160 liters per year/capita. That is 3 liters/week/capita.

Impressive
                            Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                            Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                            Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

• I voted Germany, though if if I ever went to the Czech republic I might change my mind. That summer I spent in Bavaria was definitely my best beer drinking holiday.

There's this Aussie restaurant here that also have different Aussie beers in bottles (as well as the typical foster's piss on tap) and some of them are very very nice. I had some Cooper's Sparkling Ale with my slow cooked lamb there, it was really rather awesome. Review by some internet monkey here http://www.epinions.com/content_98349125252

Comment

• I was in Prague for 5 days. That was enough for me to reevaluate every single beer I had ever had before that. There is nothing at all like Czech Beer, though Bavarian beer does come somewhat close.
                                No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Working...
                                X