Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Issue That Counts: Which Country Produces The Best Beer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Last Conformist
    I've never had an American microbrew, but clearly the export brands are doing their very best to convince us yanks can't make decent beer.
    And yet, someone's drinking it, cuz American Budwesier is the #1 brand in the world.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

The only reason I can think is that its cheap and safer than drinking the local water in certain countries.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

And yet, someone's drinking it, cuz American Budwesier is the #1 brand in the world.
        It's not identical everywhere. It is brewed under license by locals. The Bud up here is quite tastey and conforms to local standards for alcohol content, etc.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

1) Czech Republic
          2) Southern Germany (well Bavaria really)
          3) Ireland

Scandinavian beer
          No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

W00t? England down to 5th place? And behind the US?! This poll is rigged I tell you
            I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

All I know is, Bud is the 2nd foulest beer I've had, only slightly worse than Coors. (That's assuming I leave Mamba, Tsingtao, and various Japanese beers out).
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Michelob is worse than Bud. Bud is like sugar water but Michelob is rank and makes me want to wretch.

I seem to recall Michelob is owned by Anheuser-Busch.
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Now there's a shocker
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Anyone try that Aspen edge beer they're trying to market?

My friends drank it and said it tastes like beer-flavored water. Yeah, if I want my water to taste like beer, I'll drink friggen beer!
                    Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                    Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                    *****Citizen of the Hive****
                    "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin
                      Michelob is worse than Bud. Bud is like sugar water but Michelob is rank and makes me want to wretch.

I seem to recall Michelob is owned by Anheuser-Busch.
                      Budweiser gives me the worst hangovers ever. Feels like someone is stabbing my eyeballs from the inside.
                      Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                      Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                      *****Citizen of the Hive****
                      "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

It's all the chemical sh*t. I was amazed that when in Belgium or Germany I found drinking the stuff far easier with very few side effects...
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Belgian beer is tops! Those Trappist monks know a thing or three about brewing. Dubble and Tripple your enjoyment.

Britain is second, in my book. Love those pale ales.

Canada? Good only in comparison to brews south of here. Except perhaps Quebec, which brews some acceptable imitations of Belgian Tripples.
                          Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

those who drink the most beer per head know best - that would be Germany and Australia
                            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

My vote is for Belgium, though I second the existence of quality American microbreweries. Dogfish Head and Harpoon are some of the best beers I've had.
                              Visit The Frontier for all your geopolitical, historical, sci-fi, and fantasy forum gaming needs.

Comment

I'd drink Michelob before I drank Bud.

Ahhh, truth be told, I'd probably just order seltzer instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X