Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Issue That Counts: Which Country Produces The Best Beer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I´m not sure what country to vote for. My favourite beers include Hoegaarden, Heineken, Newcastle Brown Ale and Staropramen Granat. Tricky one, but I guess it must be England for all the nice ales.

And btw, Poland and France must be banana options as well. Who ever heard of a nice french or polish beer? Heck, Sweden makes better beer than both these 3rd world beer countries
    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

I voted England, since I like a lot of English beer, and there was no Scotland option (or maybe England and Scotland are being conflated on the poll, whatever).
      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I've never even heard of French beer.

Is there such a thing? More importantly, would I care to drink it?
        Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
        Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
        *****Citizen of the Hive****
        "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Zoidberg
          I´m not sure what country to vote for. My favourite beers include Hoegaarden, Heineken, Newcastle Brown Ale and Staropramen Granat. Tricky one, but I guess it must be England for all the nice ales.

And btw, Poland and France must be banana options as well. Who ever heard of a nice french or polish beer? Heck, Sweden makes better beer than both these 3rd world beer countries
          Lord, there are DOZENS of Polish beers. You have never been the the right neighborhood.

Most are regular lagers, nothign special.

Kroenenberg isn't bad, but its from Alsace, so there is the heavy German influence.
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

There´s Kronenbourg, but´s not worth drinking. Tastes like water and looks like diluted piss.

edit: x-post

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger
              there was no Scotland option (or maybe England and Scotland are being conflated on the poll, whatever).
              Or a Welsh option...

My favourite commercial beer is Brains Dark which is a traditional cask ale with a beautiful malty chocolatey taste - it's the dog's bollocks!
              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

There's this one bar that every year brings beer in from all over the world. My friends and I went there and sampled beer from all over the place.

I think after having a few, we decided to play 'Risk' and every beer you drink means you claim that country. I'll say that Chinese beer isn't all that bad. Tsingtao is pretty good.

But Korea makes some bad beer. Stuff tastes like liquid plastic. Thailand beer isn't bad either. There was this one beer that was from the Med's. I can't remember if it was Greek or not, but it had a unique flavor to it that I've been trying to find out. I don't even remember the name.

But that's because I was drunk.
                Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                *****Citizen of the Hive****
                "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Zoidberg
                  And btw, Poland and France must be banana options as well. Who ever heard of a nice french or polish beer?
                  Actually, Adelscott is a pretty good French brew. But obviously, it has to sound English if it's to be taken seriously, even in France
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Czech Republic
                    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Originally posted by Frankychan
                      I've never even heard of French beer.

Is there such a thing? More importantly, would I care to drink it?
                      1664 is standard lager piss.

However Kronenbourg Blanc is a totally different animal: A fruity white beer reminiscent of Hoegaarden - very tasty indeed and handy there's a couple of places here that do it on tap...

Comment

Originally posted by GePap

Lord, there are DOZENS of Polish beers. You have never been the the right neighborhood.

Most are regular lagers, nothign special.
                        The only polish beer I´ve drunk was a godawful porter called Black Boss. 9,6% alcohol, almost certainly brewed on polish brown coal and spiked with rejected Wyborowa...

Comment

Originally posted by Frankychan
                          I think after having a few, we decided to play 'Risk' and every beer you drink means you claim that country. I'll say that Chinese beer isn't all that bad. Tsingtao is pretty good.
                          That's because it was founded by the Germans when they owned that particular part of China...

Comment

And to reply to the poll:

Germany. Duh.
                            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

As for Japanese beers, I know Kirin was started by a Scot and Sapporo was based on a Bavarian Style...

Comment

I voted Guiness - I mean, Ireland, but otherwise that'd be Belgium: Bruggs, Charles Quint, Orval...
                                Clash of Civilization team member
                                (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                                web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Working...
                                X