Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Issue That Counts: Which Country Produces The Best Beer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LDiCesare
    I voted Guiness - I mean, Ireland, but otherwise that'd be Belgium: Bruggs, Charles Quint, Orval...
    I like Guinness - I was at the brewery only last week!

However I find Murphys smoother and Brains Dark (mentioned above) leaves them both for dead - IMHO.

Oh, just BTW, Guinness is modelled on 'Porter' named after the market porters of Smithfield in London - so Guinness is based on an English recipe...
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Czechia
      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

USA! USA! USA! I had to do that after PH's OP.

Best beers I've ever had were German.

My favorite beers are English.

Dr. Zoidberg, I've had an excellent Alsatian beer as well as a wonderful sweet, malty Polish brew.

There is no such thing as good Asian beer.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Dr. Zoidberg, I've had an excellent Alsatian beer as well as a wonderful sweet, malty Polish brew.
          Funny, I didn´t even know dogs could make beer
          I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Unbelievable the viewpoints of some people here... of course, with Americans on board, who would have expected a decent outcome? It's a fact that English beer loses to German, yet when I look at the poll results so far that fact does not get reflected.

Comment

Oh we'll see about that
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Comment

Now why didn't Rich put Scotland up there? They have some truely wonderful brews. Oatmeal stouts!
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Oatmeal beer?

Germany in the lead

(yes, I'm a beer racist)

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
                      Oatmeal beer?
                      Yep, nice rich, black, thick, foamy, sweet beer.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                        Actually I can let the US off on that one, but Canada and Australia, they've really got no excuse, have they?
                        When you said beer, we thought you meant cooking.

How's that?
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

A sad indictment on your hearing...
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

... and of your cuisine.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

the only good beer

comes from belgium

JM
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN
                              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

While Most Canadian beer is just as bland and boring as American beer, all of it is better than the american equivalent.

And while I vote Irish, I claim that there are many truly fine Quebec Microbreweries.
                                Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Working...
                                X