No announcement yet.

Canada declares war on Denmark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If both countries are willing to send me two teams of good looking naked male athletes, I will happily adjudicate based on which country has the most handsome sporting hunks.

Of course, this may take some months of close, intimate inspection on my part. Or of their parts.
    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Well, why don't we keep it between the political leaders. Berlusconi said Anders Fogh Rasmussen was the handsomest PM in the EU. He'd always leave his wife behind when going for a meeting with Anders.

And even George W. said he's afraid to challenge Rasmussen in any kind of physical exercise. "Did you know he's a top athlete? Among world leaders. He's good." said Bush.

I must say I personally liked the "world leader" bit.

See, the Canadians just don't know who they're messing with.

But they will, if they keep playing their little games.

And who the Hell is Paul Martin. Sounds like the name of a struggling Parisian fashion designer.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Winston
        Well, why don't we keep it between the political leaders.

Because some of the athletes are definitely better looking.....

How about Battle of the Foodstuffs ?

French Canadian poutine or Anglo-Canadian Nanaimo bars versus Danish marzipan frogs or those vile tasting Danish confections with what looks like a turbanned man vomiting on the packet....
        Attached Files
        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Actually what this is probably about is law of the sea. If you get a little island you also economic rights to quite a large zone of sea around it, including oil drilling rights. There is a sovereign zone and then an exclusive economic zone or EEZ.

This kind of thing is happening all around the world because of the Law of the Sea convention. Every little speck in the ocean is being claimed because they are potentially valuable.

There is a dispute settlement process under the convention. What the Canadian minister was doing was shoring up Canada's claims for the legal fight.
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• While AH is correct - I vote for the Polar Bear test.

Some fraternity boys at the University of Fairbanks were drinking with the new pledges. As there were several kegs, they were all four sheets to the wind in no time at all (one more than three sheets, they were thoroughly plastered). So the senior member told the pledges, "To become a member, you must first go out and kill a Polar Bear, and the f**k a Native Woman."

So one of the pleges, and nice big hefty young fellow, staggered up and exclaimed "I'll do it." or at least that is what everyone assumed he said, being as he was quite difficult to understand. So he staggered out into the snowstorm (did I mention snowstorm - yes, there was a snowstorm). One hour went by, then two, then three. The fraternity brothers started sobering up, and started getting scared. If something happened to the pledge, they'd get shut down.

Suddenly, the door flew open. The pledge walked in. Half his scalp was hanging down off the side of his skill, horribly torn free. Blood was everywhere. One of his arms was mangled. He then asked, still drunk as a skunk. "Where's the Native Woman I'm supposed to kill."
            The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
            And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
            Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
            Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

• Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

• Originally posted by Riesstiu IV
                Paul Martin and Rasmussen should settle this dispute by fighting each other to the death in hand to hand combat each using a plastic fork.
                I can support this whole heartedly. Can I root for Rasmussen?
                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Can I root for Rasmussen?
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                  X