Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince" out tomorrow!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ All the Harry/Luna proponents :

Just say that the Harry/Ginny thing was semi-incestuous - Harry treats Ron almost like a brother , and also that the Weasleys have treated him like their son .

That should stir up some debate . . . . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by Lord Nuclear
      Voldemort and the Hegemon turned out to be a bit different.
      We still have book seven

Comment

• It's obvious that JK Rowling has ruined a lot of lives
        "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
        "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

• Comment

• I always thought "show not tell" was a stupid adage when applied to the literary medium...
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Another one: http://www.hermionepotter.net/

Comment

• Here's a thought: the Ravenclaw artifact will be a stick or a staff of some kind, maybe even a wand, since that would mean that the four artifacts roughly correspond to the four suits used in early playing cards.

Comment

• Poor stupid people.

I do not find anything particularly appealing about a Ron and Hermione pairing, but I have been perfectly aware it was going to happen for four years.

In some ways, this was the best book. Young Tom Riddle was chilling, and the revelations about Snape were awesome. But none of the other characters seemed to advance much, and the new characters were not nearly as interesting as the new characters from previous books.

I think GoF, PoA, and OotP remain comfortably in the top tier, with HBP, SS/PS, and CoS in the bottom tier.

I suspect there are certain chapters of HBP that I will love to reread (Dumbledores final conversation with Malfoy comes to mind) and others that I will never bother reading again (all the random teenybopper drama).
                  "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Originally posted by Sandman
                    Here's a thought: the Ravenclaw artifact will be a stick or a staff of some kind, maybe even a wand, since that would mean that the four artifacts roughly correspond to the four suits used in early playing cards.
                    The same thing occured to me. Gryffindor's sword being the one that Voldemort was so determined to get from Hogwarts. But we haven't seen any Ravenclaw wands, or even any old Ravenclaw families who are likely to have such a thing, AFAIK. Except... which house was Ollivander in, and where is he now?
                    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

• Interesting... add Ollivander's whereabouts to the pile of vital plotpoints to be cleared up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
                        Except... which house was Ollivander in, and where is he now?
                        Brilliant. Positively brilliant.
                        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Nacht

Another one: http://www.hermionepotter.net/
                          I suggest that if the idiots want romance, they should read Harlequin.

Everything besides Harry vs. Voldemort is fluff really.

ACK!
                          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
                            Actually, you can add Snape into that mix too now. This is turning more and more into a story about him as much as it is about Harry and Voldemort.
                            Well I think Snape was a background player in Book 6, but Book 5 and Book 7 were definetly about Snape as they were about any other character.

[q=Stefu]It's obvious that JK Rowling has ruined a lot of lives[/q]

That's freaking hilarious! Some people just need to get out more often.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Nacht
                              Another one: http://www.hermionepotter.net/
                              Hehehehehe... reading these are funny. This one seems to think that men and women can't be friends without shacking up . She's the Ted Striker of the HP world!

[q=Tuberski]
                              Everything besides Harry vs. Voldemort is fluff really.[/q]

Yes, but fun fluff all the same . People shouldn't get all up in arms about it, but it rounds out the character nicely.

Though all these people saying they'll never read HP again... BULLLLLLL. They'll be in line for Book 7 like the rest of 'em!
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I just really don't get what all this Hermione/Harry stuff is coming from. Have these people even read the books?
                                If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Working...
                                X