Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince" out tomorrow!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Five more posts and we're through with Harry Potter
    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

• Having spent the last two weeks catching up on the storyline, culminating in the reading of this, the latest installment, I have to say that I think the Snape thing is a ruse.

If it was me writing the story, I'd not go this particular route except to ultimately show Snape's loyalty to Dumbledore. He has said repeatedly that he trusts Snape with his life....and now, we have seen the fruition of that very trust.

I think Snape and big D have a plan already set up to bring him back....baddies all think he's dead, and thus, will not be looking for him. AND, it comes with the bonus of making Harry believe that he HAS to stand fully on his own. It's the perfect setup.

I think this has all been pre-arranged.

-=Vel=-
      The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller
        I would have expected the behavior of both of them to be more in book 4 or earlier (but then there was a decent number of pregnancies in my school at those ages)

Not in mine. I went to an upper-middle class suburban high school that was a third Chinese, a third Persian, and a third Whitey. No pregnancies that I knew of.

7. Am I the only one who picked up the WOT references - the useless Ministry pamphlets, the pendulum swinging from a Minister who ignored the death eater problem, to one who mainly tried to look tough, and imprisoned innocents?

I loved the Bush-bashing.
        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

• my highschool was mostly white and hispanic

there might have been 1 black girl, and a couple asian girls (sisters)

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Ah, I just finished it, and it was another great read. I do have a few questions and comments.

First off, I don't mind about Ginny, but what happened to Cho? I liked her. Will there REALLY be no Hogwarts next year? That would be weird, but even if the school keeps on running, the book will be set all around England as we follow Harry's quest to destroy the Horcruxes and ultimately Voldy. Seeing more of the wizarding world will be fantastic. Snape is a very interesting character. If he is ultimately good as most of you have decided, I'm just curious why he had to have been a complete d1ck to Harry every day for so many years. As for the Horcruxes mystery, I just hope Rowling put as much thought into the mystery as you guys have.

Comment

• what happened to Cho?

As an ex she was spurned by Harry and his friends .
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by jdd2007
                Snape is a very interesting character. If he is ultimately good as most of you have decided, I'm just curious why he had to have been a complete d1ck to Harry every day for so many years.
                Cuz he looks just like his chief tormenter as a kid, Harry's father, James Potter.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• I'm willing to bet that Snape made an unbreakable vow to Dumbledore. That's why Dumbledore was so sure about Snape...
                  Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Cuz he looks just like his chief tormenter as a kid, Harry's father, James Potter.
                    Seems like more than enough payback for a grown man on a young boy. But I'll take it.

I'm willing to bet that Snape made an unbreakable vow to Dumbledore. That's why Dumbledore was so sure about Snape...
                    That makes sense, but I want to know more! Only, what, a year or three.

Comment

• Here is a puzzler. What would Harry do if he had to kill not himself, but one of his friends? Love or victory?

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                        Also cuz he loved Lily and Harry is living proof that James, his enemy, got her instead. Also cuz he blames Harry for Lily's death, emotionally.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdd2007
                          Here is a puzzler. What would Harry do if he had to kill not himself, but one of his friends? Love or victory?
                          Fun fun... what would you think he'd do?
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• He wouldn't do it. He never ever would. Ron, Hermione and now Ginny are the most important things to him in the world. The Boy Who Lived would rather die or lose or WHATEVER than give up his buds. I was going to say Rowling wouldn't write her way into the conundrum I suggested, but I realized she couldnt. Harry never would let himself into that position. He would die fighting. Taking after his parents, either subconsciously or consciously, he definitely would die fighting for his loved ones.

Comment

• less than 100 pages and then I can join in this conversation...
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                                Fun fun... what would you think he'd do?
                                "THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE DIED! DIED RATHER THAN BETRAY YOUR FRIENDS!"

Comment

Working...
                                X