Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince" out tomorrow!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I know what one of the hocruxes is. Rowling said careful readers could figure it out, so I've been re-reading the series.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• ... and?
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Who was Riddle's very first victim? What important event for Riddle was it connected to? What did he get because of it?
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Spoiler:
          It's the locket.

Comment

• Finished it last week, and I liked it.

Haven't read the whole thread yet, but I think Snape is still good. Doing what DD tells him w/o question, as DD had required from Harry. If Snape was really wanting to kill DD I think he would of gotten more pleasure out of it than he apparently did.

As for a Horcrux possibility? Well, apparently they store a soul of the person, and we know that some of Voldey's "power" was transfered to Harry when he killed his mom and dad, and you need to kill someone to create one... IMO, Harry is a Horcrux. Would work with the prophecy as well.
            Monkey!!!

Comment

• Harry can't be a horcrux, because all the horcruxes have to be destroyed before Voldimort can die.

Comment

• `The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches… born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies … and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not … and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives … the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies …'
                I'm not saying that Harry will live.
                Monkey!!!

Comment

• Then Harry dies too.

xpost

Comment

• Harry can't kill Voldimort if he's already dead.

Comment

• He can kill Volde and all the horcruxes except himself, then kill himself.

Comment

• They die at the same time in some cheesy, dramatic final battle.
                        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Volde can't die until all the horcruxes are destroyed, che is right. Still, they can die at the same time, if Harry makes a Horcrux of himself, a part of himself that is untouched by Volde, a part that is purely and soley Harry's... and as cheesy as it sounds, that part is LOVE.
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                            Who was Riddle's very first victim? What important event for Riddle was it connected to? What did he get because of it?
                            If it is what is under Kuci's spoiler box, we already got that one .
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• No, it's not what's in Kuci's spoiler. Hell, that one was openly speculated about in the book. This one is different.

Comment

• Who was Riddle's very first victim?
                                Myrtle? Why was Malfoy confiding in her?

What important event for Riddle was it connected to?
                                Opening the Chamber of Secrets?

What did he get because of it?
                                Detention?
                                Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X