Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do people meet people (romantically)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the thing about talking to birds in clubs though is that you can't really hear what's been said, which is good because it means that often very little talking gets done, but can be bad when you're being asked 20 questions and you ain't got clue what she's on about. i've had so many conversations which have gone something like this.

her: hi i'm (name), blah blah blah welshness blah blah blah welshness blah....

me: nod and smile, 'yeah/nah/innit', nod and smile

Use it to your advantage ( For me it's a really specific nieche of talking to girls who are are friends of your friends' friends - i.e. you already slightly know them ) - Ask her something, anything - If she asks what did you ask in a pleasant manner, ask her again, and this time move her head closer to her ear. It's that time that something non-verbal kicks in, and this "body" energy" is the thing to look out for.
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

I met my s.o. at work, about 14 years ago. We've been together for the last 8 years. I've typically met women through school, work, randomly in public, friends and living situations. Basically anywhere where I ran into them and was able to show them my wonderful personality (the hot bod is free for anyone to look at).

Regarding meeting women through organizations etc :

This is a great way to meet people with common interests, thus killing two birds with one stone. Another way to improve your efficiency here is to choose an activity / organization that is likely to provide you with a richer target environment. For instance, I took a year of French at a community college after I got out of the army. By the second semester the class was down to 8, 7 cute girls and me. I ended up dating 3 of the girls and the teacher by the end of the year. Would I have been able to win "the girl" in desperate competition with all of you guys if Apolyton was a real rather than virtual place? Probably not. Choose your ground wisely.
      He's got the Midas touch.
      But he touched it too much!
      Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

I'm tempted to buy a lighter and carry it around with me, given the number of girls that come up and ask me for a light. But then I don't really like kissing girls who taste of ashtrays, so it's lose-lose. D'oh!

Comment

use "how about a mint instead?"
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Gibsie
            I'm tempted to buy a lighter and carry it around with me, given the number of girls that come up and ask me for a light. But then I don't really like kissing girls who taste of ashtrays, so it's lose-lose. D'oh!
            I've had this advice before and dismissed it on the same grounds.
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Gibsie
              According to an ex-Mormon friend of mine, "If she smokes, she pokes."

I didn't have the heart to tell him that outside of Utah, they almost all "poke".
              He's got the Midas touch.
              But he touched it too much!
              Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by Az
                Use it to your advantage...
                well duh...what do you think these 'conversations' lead to...
                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison

I've had this advice before and dismissed it on the same grounds.
                  I've given up on my hopes of finding a girl who doesn't smoke.

every single woman in my city smokes. (a slight exaggeration, but only slight)

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident

I've given up on my hopes of finding a girl who doesn't smoke.

every single woman in my city smokes. (a slight exaggeration, but only slight)
                    go into the tutoring business. get a kid who doesnt smoke, become their role-model, and when they're old enough to date, bam!

its a long term investment plan.
                    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

kids start smoking around 12 or 13 where I live.

Yeah I could start brainwa... I mean tutoring around 12. But then I have to wait 6 years until she's legal.

and I was kidding. It would be wrong to influence kids.

Comment

girls smoke so much becuase it helps them stay thin...

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Yeah, cancer does that to people.

Comment

When I went and saw my last girly, the stress of dumping me meant she smoked a tonne. I didn't like tasting it on her lips at all.

Still, it's better they smoke than with loads of girls round here I know who have chlamydia. It's like a %&@#ing epidemic. Or maybe endemic?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                              girls smoke so much becuase it helps them stay thin...

JM
                              they think it helps them stay thin. It's just something they tell themselves.

It's a shame. I see fat people smoke because they think they will become thin. My cousin tried it, but she doesn't smoke anymore thankfully. She realized it wasn't making her thin. She's pretty hefty.

Comment

well duh...what do you think these 'conversations' lead to..

Overconsumption of alcohol and sobbing in the toilet?

urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                                X