Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do people meet people (romantically)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Originally posted by shawnmmcc
      I met my wife through the Society for Creative Anachronisms, which is a "Middle Ages as it should have been" with a USA spin on it. Not great for historical accuracy, but a great place for meeting members of the fairer sex.
      Been there done that It didn´t get as far as marriage though...
      I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Ehmm... I've been lurking for a while now, and so I've decided to make this my debut, and give advice with a female spin on things.

A lot of it depends on what kind of relationship you want, long term romance? Casual dating? Casual sex?

I have to say that by far the easiest place to pull would be in a club. Don't expect anything more than dirty sex that'll get your rocks off for the night, though. Count yourself lucky if either of you really do call a few days later. I wouldn't recommend this method if you want something more meaningful and romantic, it's unlikely that you'd have all that much in common other than the initial attraction and the lust. Clubs are just no good for conversations.

For the casual dating, longer term romance, I'd also go with meeting them through friends, or in various interest groups. The key issue is that on meeting them, you don't go in with the intent of getting romantically involved. Most girls will be most receptive to men who just want to make friends, people they can get on with, those who make them laugh, so on and so forth.

Although it's important not to let it go too far down the friendship route... you don't want to end up in a steamy clinch with her, only to have her (or you) roll about in laughter because it's just *too weird*

It's also pretty important to read the signs, if a girl fancies you, she'll make it pretty obvious... you just need to be able to see it. :P If she blatantly doesn't like you, it will also be obvious... in that case, don't even try, it will make her weirded out and dislike you even more... However, if you're on that kind of neutral point, if you become friends, and she gets to see all your good points, you may be able to win her round....

Having said all this, by some crazy coincidence, I too have found my current target of affection online. I suppose that this has it's benefits in that you get to browse people like a catalogue... and choose to make contact if you like the sound of them... or not, if you don't think they're hot enough. :P However, most important is the fact that you're forced to concentrate on personality, which is what counts in the long run.

Comment

Comment

I'm not so hot about bars and clubs. I prefer meeting women via friends. Work is ok but tread carefully.
            Who is Barinthus?

Comment

OMG DL!

urgh.NSFW

Comment

Spamming again eh Az?
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Nanimo
                  and choose to make contact if you like the sound of them... or not, if you don't think they're hot enough. :P
                  Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Give me a D Give a L What have you got? DL!

I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by shawnmmcc
                        I met my wife through the Society for Creative Anachronisms, which is a "Middle Ages as it should have been" with a USA spin on it. Not great for historical accuracy, but a great place for meeting members of the fairer sex.
                        Now, there's a place it would have never occurred for me to look. But giving it further thought, I guess they're looking for their knight in aluminum armor.

Comment

not a clue

I think confidence does a lot

men I know who I think are pretty good (like attractive, in shape, interesting, nice), do great if they are self confident

men who seem to be pretty bad (like fat, annoying, unattractive, not all that interesting) but who are confident, do OK (or even sometimes well)

so I think probably the biggest thing is confidence

Jon Miller
                          (I am not confident)
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller

so I think probably the biggest thing is confidence
                            Then again... I sometimes find the sweet shy guy very attractive ... Although if he's damn hot and has a nice personality that helps too.

Comment

I have met a couple of guys at work nothing that lasted tho. Met Tuberski online 4 years ago. we talked for months before we actually met. Met my first husbasnd thru my sister. she introduced us. Married to him for 11 years at least. So Meeting through sibblings or friends is good. Internet a little more risky, I dont reccomend the work thing cause if it doesnt workout then the tension is in the air as long as you have to work with them.
                              When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                              "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                              Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

[Lancer mode]
                                Get yourself a Filapina pen pal!
                                [/Lancer mode]

Comment

Working...
                                X