Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the record on children born of one marriage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To have contraception you have to know about it, know were to get it, and be able to pay for it, or know how to get it for free. None of these would apply for many women, specially if folks like you control the education system and make sure women don't know their options.
    Right. So none of these folks used a condom improperly and had the condom fail on them? Not a single one of them? I find that a rather difficult claim to substantiate.

Secondly, where have I said women ought not to be educated about their options? All I have said is that women ought to be made aware of the failures of contraception, since it enables them to make an informed choice. One cannot truly be informed, unless one is aware of the potential shortcomings.

Finally, I also believe that Catholic institutions ought not be required to provide information contrary to their mission as Catholic institutions. As a private educational facility they ought to be free to exclude such information if they choose to do so, as any other private institution has the right to manage their affairs.

Public institutions are quite another matter. In these I think folks ought to receive the information out there, including the concept that the failure rate of condoms is much higher than 2 percent.

He was speaking for Condoms, AND in all honesty, I would prefer to see current numbers. And of course, anything used incorrectly will malfunction. Doc. said nothing about contraceptive pills.
    Thank you. Yes he spoke of condoms, however, in assessing risks in the real world, you also have to take into account that they will be used incorrectly. This is why all of the 98% citations contain the caveat, that this is if the condoms are used in a correct manner.

As for contraceptive pills, this is why I made the point, that if you are a man, relying upon contraceptive pills, means that you are relying on women to take responsibility for these things. Now, if a woman misses a single pill in her regimen, she can become pregnant. That's the risk you are taking if you rely upon the pill.

Or are you incapable of reading?
    I can read just fine gepap.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• So it's quite acceptable for the Catholic church to tell what is tantamount to a pack of lies? Remember omission of important facts is as bad as blatant fabrication! And especially in this case where it is so important to have all the facts at hand!
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Originally posted by Provost Harrison
        So it's quite acceptable for the Catholic church to tell what is tantamount to a pack of lies?
        Ehrm - you are aware of the fact that the Catholic church represents a religion ?
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• I think BK's existence is proof of the inefficacy of contraception.
          Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
          The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

• Here in San Diego our "Little Italy" isn't really all that Italian any more but 10 years ago it was still all 1st, 2nd, or even third generation Italian and little else. Now the city has started a redevelopment plan and the old neighborhood is mostly gone except for the main street which has been turned into a packed affair similar to Chinatown. We do have newer ethnic neighborhoods though. Barrio Logan is all Latino, Linda Vista is referred to by most locals (including the Vietnamese) as "Little Vietnam since EVERYONE there is Vietnamese. Mira Mesa is about 50% Phillippino and 40% recent Polish, Russian, & Ukrainian. The rest of the city is pretty mixed with the rich areas being very white and every where else being mixed.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

Right. So none of these folks used a condom improperly and had the condom fail on them? Not a single one of them? I find that a rather difficult claim to substantiate.
              $$%@$%@$&^$%$!

Yes, people make mistakes when using a condom- people make mistakes driving. Human error does not change the effectiveness of an item itself, but does bear on the overall efefctiveness. IF you teach someone how to use a condom correctly, and judge their state before using it, the fefctiveness is very high.

Secondly, where have I said women ought not to be educated about their options? All I have said is that women ought to be made aware of the failures of contraception, since it enables them to make an informed choice. One cannot truly be informed, unless one is aware of the potential shortcomings.

And please, since NO ONE has said anything about contraception being ineffective (condoms are not contraception), unless you come up with numbers, you are blowing smoke out your ass.

Finally, I also believe that Catholic institutions ought not be required to provide information contrary to their mission as Catholic institutions. As a private educational facility they ought to be free to exclude such information if they choose to do so, as any other private institution has the right to manage their affairs.

So, again, you support ignorance, and in the long term, a higher rate of abortion. Good for you!

Public institutions are quite another matter. In these I think folks ought to receive the information out there, including the concept that the failure rate of condoms is much higher than 2 percent.

Oh lord, a "enlightened" notion. Now who typed that in?

As for contraceptive pills, this is why I made the point, that if you are a man, relying upon contraceptive pills, means that you are relying on women to take responsibility for these things. Now, if a woman misses a single pill in her regimen, she can become pregnant. That's the risk you are taking if you rely upon the pill.

Well genius, WOMEN get pregnant, NOT men. That's why they control that singular device. If you don;t want a kid, wear a condom and ask her is she is on the pill and has not missed it.

I can read just fine gepap.
              Then it must be reading comprehension that's an issue.
              If you don't like reality, change it! me
              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• I can read just fine gepap.

You could have fooled me...

Fact: In The Netherlands the abortion count dropped drastically after the introduction of sex education in all public and most religion-based schools. And that was NOT because the kids stopped having sex...
                Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                And notifying the next of kin
                Once again...

Comment

• Interestingly, Sweden has almost as high abortion rates as the US, yet we've got NL-style sex ed. There's presumably an explanation for this.

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                  The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

• I think that culture plays a bigger role then sex-ed

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Possibly, but doesn't explain the Dutch drop when sex ed was introduced.

Comment

• Originally posted by Last Conformist
                        Possibly, but doesn't explain the Dutch drop when sex ed was introduced.
                        Maybe I should have been more precise. The drop was in Dutch women having an abortion. This was countered by a rise in immigrant women having an abortion. Plus the fact that our laws incited a lot of "tourism" from less enlightened countries.

My take is that the same thing happens in Sweden.
                        Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                        And notifying the next of kin
                        Once again...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                          Condoms are about covering your ass,
                          Dude, you got it on back-to-front.
                          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

• Originally posted by GePap

Actually genius, that is EXACTLY WHY!!!!!

Jesus, H. Christ, what world are you from?

To have contraception you have to know about it, know were to get it, and be able to pay for it, or know how to get it for free. None of these would apply for many women, specially if folks like you control the education system and make sure women don't know their options.

He was speaking for Condoms, AND in all honesty, I would prefer to see current numbers. And of course, anything used incorrectly will malfunction. Doc. said nothing about contraceptive pills.

Or are you incapable of reading?
                            In large scale studies oral contraceptives had an efficacy of better than 90%. These figures included those who couldn't remember to take their pills regularily. Depo-Provera and IUDs had a similar efficacy.
                            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• $$%@$%@$&^$%$!

Yes, people make mistakes when using a condom- people make mistakes driving. Human error does not change the effectiveness of an item itself, but does bear on the overall efefctiveness. IF you teach someone how to use a condom correctly, and judge their state before using it, the fefctiveness is very high.
                              I don't really care about the item's effectiveness, but rather, about the overall effectiveness. I think people are being taught how to use them properly, but that they are tuning out of the 'use a condom everytime'. If you think you are not going to get someone pregnant, why bother to use a condom?

And please, since NO ONE has said anything about contraception being ineffective (condoms are not contraception), unless you come up with numbers, you are blowing smoke out your ass.
                              Condoms are part of contraception, gepap.

So, again, you support ignorance, and in the long term, a higher rate of abortion. Good for you!
                              Oh lord, a "enlightened" notion. Now who typed that in?
                              The same fellow who typed the earlier point in. Now, for someone who apparently favours 'ignorance', that's rather a bitter pill for you to swallow.

If you actually read my point, you would see that because the Catholic schools are private institutions, they ought to be able to teach what they want to teach. One thing I find particularly interesting, is that many parents want their kids in the Catholic schools, they have a prefereance for them over the public schools, because they believe the Catholic schools do a better job of educating children. It is not a choice between ignorance and enlightenment, but between education and indoctrination.

Well genius, WOMEN get pregnant, NOT men. That's why they control that singular device. If you don;t want a kid, wear a condom and ask her is she is on the pill and has not missed it.
                              Thank you Gepap. That is precisely my point, the contraceptive devices other than condoms are less of a factor than condoms themselves.

Oh, and IW, stop being such a smartass.
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• BK - if you use condoms to "cover your ass" than I suggest to hook up with Mr. Fun or Boris.
                                The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                                And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                                Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                                Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                                X