Gay-Marraige = Anarchy - The Pope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gay-Marraige = Anarchy - The Pope

Well, the new Pope is officially on my **** list.

ROME (Reuters) - Pope Benedict, in his first clear pronouncement on gay marriages since his election, on Monday condemned same-sex unions as fake and expressions of "anarchic freedom" that threatened the future of the family.
    The Pope, who was elected in April, also condemned divorce, artificial birth control, trial marriages and free-style unions, saying all of these practices were dangerous for the family.

"Today's various forms of dissolution of marriage, free unions, trial marriages as well as the pseudo-matrimonies between people of the same sex are instead expressions of anarchic freedom which falsely tries to pass itself off as the true liberation of man," he said.

The Pope spoke to families at Rome's St. John's Cathedral on an issue that has become highly controversial around the world, particularly in Europe and the United States.

In April, parliament in traditionally Catholic Spain gave initial approval to a law legalizing gay marriage. It is widely expected to be approved by the Senate and to become law.

But just last week, California's Assembly killed off a bill that would have allowed gay marriage in the most populous U.S. state.

The Pope, who as Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger headed the Vatican's doctrinal department for more than two decades, said "pseudo freedoms" such as gay marriages were based on what he called the "banalisation of the human body" and of man himself
    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

I just love this image.
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

"Well, it is Catholic doctrine. Why are you suprised?" - Bunnygrrl.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I don't get the equation.

Comment

My thoughts exactly, but I didn't post as much because TEF always thinks I pick on him.
          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar
            I just love this image.
            I like this one as well:

Comment

YES! I've been looking for the online copy of the image above for ages! Hold on, I'm about to create a Ratzinger-Palpatine comparative shot...

Comment

isn't that what that was?

Comment

But not a very good one. They should be in the same pose, and I know of the exact spot from Revenge of the Sith I need to screenshot.

Comment

Now I need a good quality image of this shot.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Here's the one I used for the Apolyton Wars Episode II thread.
                      Attached Files
                      "People sit in chairs!" - Bobby Baccalieri

Comment

How about the dangerous, radical notion that gay marriages are an expression of love between two people rather than an expression of anarchy or banalisation?
                        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I totally love this new pope
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Well, Catholic doctrine says that sex for any purpose other than procreation is a sin. So at least the Pope is being consistent by condemning stuff that heteros do too.
                            "People sit in chairs!" - Bobby Baccalieri

Comment

At least when JP II condemned gay marriage, he looked like a senile old man doing so. Benedict looks like a sinister, creepy old man when he does. And that makes all the difference ...

Or something. Nobody listens to the Popes anymore, anyway.
                              Visit The Frontier for all your geopolitical, historical, sci-fi, and fantasy forum gaming needs.

Comment

Working...
                              X