No announcement yet.

US to arbitrarily rape Canada to the tune of $250 million

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They aren't dropping stages on Canada. They'll be dropping whatever may drop over open ocean in international waters.

The closest object is the Hibernia platform and it is a mile outside of the impact zone. Not only would they have to be wrong in calculating the impact zone, but the freekin' thing would have to pick one spot out of a hell of a lot more than 20,000 to do any damage.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

By sheer luck, I have discovered that Canada has been hit by identified rocket debris twice, once in 1964 and once in 1978.

For comparison, Wisconsin, Kansas and Texas have also been hit twice, Alaska, North Dakota, and Nebraska once.

Both Canadian hits were Soviet in origin.

No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Forgive me for not wanting to work, one mile away from such a impact.

Why should I ask the Hibernia workers to do the same?
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

It looks like Angola won the impact sweepstakes with three confirmed hits.

Comment

...or we did, if you count all the states together.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
              Forgive me for not wanting to work, one mile away from such a impact.

Why should I ask the Hibernia workers to do the same?
              It's more than a mile away from the impact. It's a mile away from the zone in which an impact could be expected.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

You shouldn't drive on the Prairies, Ben.

This is flyover country. The airliners are allowed to jettison the toilets. You might get hit by a frozen ****.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)

Comment

Here's the skinny from Lobbyist Land:

The oil companies that own the platforms were, as of Friday, furiously lobbying the DoD to stop or move the splashdown site to someplace far away from the platforms. There is a full-court press to make sure this doesn't happen. I was sitting in on some of the calls Friday afternoon....
                  If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

Its and unnecessary danger. There is a heck of lot of empty ocean out there such that a minor deviation in course would mean they could be far enough away from the platform to avoid the entire issue.

An expected impact zone that include locations within a mile seems unnecessarily close. Heck I don't think they would even allow a normal ship within that range. ( I know that the FPSO has an exclusion zone but am not sure about a GBS)

and while this is international waters as it is almost 200 miles out, it is within Canada's EEZ and Canada does have important economic assests in the area. Hibernia alone pumps about 200,000 barrels a day.

To me its pretty simple. If this location is not absolutely necessary, you move it a little
                    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Timexwatch
                      Here's the skinny from Lobbyist Land:

The oil companies that own the platforms were, as of Friday, furiously lobbying the DoD to stop or move the splashdown site to someplace far away from the platforms. There is a full-court press to make sure this doesn't happen. I was sitting in on some of the calls Friday afternoon....
                      How large is the impact zone? That's the detail I am wondering about. 10 mile radius? 100 mile radius?
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)

Comment

oh and 250 million ?? thats a garbage number. Even if you assume 5 days of lost production thats only a million barrels
                        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber
                          An expected impact zone that include locations within a mile seems unnecessarily close. Heck I don't think they would even allow a normal ship within that range. ( I know that the FPSO has an exclusion zone but am not sure about a GBS)
                          How close is too close? They do the math and figure where it could reasonably fall. Nothing is in that area. They should now extend it? What? 100 miles? 1000 miles? You never know when things could go really wrong and the thing blast off toward Chile. Might want to just stop launching rockets. On second thought, we might want to slip a few payements to ensure that Ottawa is ground zero for an evernt.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

I think we should build a $500 billion dollar system of GIANT LASERS in space and in the air to defend our sovereign airspace...
                            "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                            "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                            "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

"Yea, well Canada keeps wearing that outrageously short skirt, she is clearly asking for it."-Shi

Long time member @ Apolyton
                              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

It's hard for the yanks to piss me off enough to side with all the canucks.

But this takes the cake!

Why don't the Americans launch their 'classified' payload over American airspace?
                                Because it's supposed to go into a particular orbit and so HAS to be launched along a particular trajectory?

Comment

Working...
                                X