Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The NHL is an interesting case. An international entity and player tampering is banned. That policy survives labour freindly environments in BC and Quebec.

Perhaps you are right that it boils down to the CBA.

Of course, the CBA lends weight to the view that it is a single enterprise with franchises.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• True, but the court has decided in the past that the NFL isn't a single entity, so that argument can't be used too much .

The argument with Clarett was the CBA already set out the rules. I think the Court realizes the different nature of sports and doesn't want to restrict them too harshly knowing that they require cooperation and competition among other teams to survive.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Chelsea only needs 2 points to officially win the Premiership title this year. Robben came on in the 2nd half and it sounded like he played REALLY good. From the highlights, it looked like he sparked the team.

And Norwich wins their 3rd straight home game... but they are still in the bottom three because Crystal Palace beat Liverpool.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• And agathon sucks at fantasy football, but not as badly as another 'toon supporter we know of.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• I'm in a fantasy soccer league?

Comment

• Aren't you?
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)

Comment

• I assumed you were speaking of me... I dunno. I may have signed up for one in the beginning of the season, but I'm not sure.

Comment

• Funny, I recall a bit of crowing...
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)

Comment

• Crowing? I haven't heard anything on this forum about a fantasy soccer league... unless there was a signup thread.

Comment

• If that's so, then why were your last transfers put through in January?
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)

Comment

• Then I guess I am a part of a fantasy soccer league. For the life of me, I can't remember which one.

Unless you think January is a recent date for transfers? It being April and all...

Are you trying to prove I've been active in a fantasy soccer league all season because I've had transfers done 3-4 months ago?

Comment

• Well, unless there is another Imran Siddiqui managing the Atlanta Peaches who just happened to join the Apolyton EPL fantasy league, then I would say you in particular suck.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

• Are you trying to prove I've been active in a fantasy soccer league all season because I've had transfers done 3-4 months ago?

Comment

• And I only say that based on some earlier trash talking that I recollect. I could be wrong, and in that case please accept my apologies. I will amend my account to Agathon being the suck.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

• The only trash talking I recall I've done in a fantasy league (of ANY kind... I don't usually trash talk) was in a league a few years back where people were making fun of me for taking Shearer and someone else and I ended up in 3rd or 5th or something.

Comment

Working...
                                X