Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you see the game? Robert wasn't only not trying very hard (he never really is when his team doesn't have the ball), he seemed to be purposefully playing bad, e.g. when he hit that freekick about 20yds wide or the corner that fell on the floor before it got to the 1st post. That and the whole going to the press thing and whining about Souness and NUFC in general makes me feel he'll be on his way out this summer.

Comment

• He wouldn't be so bad if the manager treated him decently. Souness has a personal thing against him. It's unprofessional.
      Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Robert could be the same for Robson, he's just a moody little and so-and-so, of which Newcastle have too many really (Kluivert, Bellamy, Dyer, Bowyer). When he's in one of his moods he's a liability to the team, they're basically playing with ten men.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agathon
          He wouldn't be so bad if the manager treated him decently. Souness has a personal thing against him. It's unprofessional.
          When you are playing crap, you get substituted. Just because that selfish Frenchman couldn't understand that is no reason to say Souness has a vendetta against him.

Good riddence, I say. We'll get someone better.

---

Oh, and ****. Well the run ends. Newcastle started the new year with quite a bang and now is ending with a whimper. Well, there were some parts that brought hope. We'll just have to reload in the offseason and get back to where we were.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Another person who doesn't understand simply analogies.
            i understand the concept of an analogy, but you are comparing apples and oranges, which is not allowed in analogies. thats why i felt compelled to make a statement.
            "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• Agathon, who was Ali talking about in that quote?
              Last edited by reds4ever; April 17, 2005, 17:31.

Comment

• Floyd Patterson.

Another Ali gem:

"I don't always know what I'm talking about, but I know I'm right."

Imran:

When you are playing crap, you get substituted. Just because that selfish Frenchman couldn't understand that is no reason to say Souness has a vendetta against him.

Good riddence, I say. We'll get someone better.

Like who? When there's a goal we score, 3 out of four times he's had a hand in it. He's not a great defender and sometimes he can go in and out of games, but apart from today, he's been trying to do what he's told. He told the papers the team was playing badly (he didn't exclude himself) and he's right – they're playing like ****.

If the manager had any brains he'd buy a better left back so that Robert would have to do less defensive work.

As for the rest of the team: Shearer has had a good season considering the lack of service he's had. Apart from the fight; the public urination; and the shenanigans back in the Fall, Dyer has been pretty good.

As for the rest:

Robert: good going forward, but the manager is doing his best to wreck him because of some ridiculous personal vendetta.

Ameobi; Milner; N'Zogbia; Ambrose: wastes of time and money.

Butt: by name, arse by nature.

Bowyer: I like him - at least he cares and gives 100%.

Andy O'Donkey: enough said.

Carr: Who?

Taylor: a good prospect.

Jenas: useless ****.

Faye: another waste of money.

Babayaro: third rate useless *****.

Given: great keeper, who will be on his way to a better club this summer.

Boumsong: OK.

Bramble: a ****er.

Kluivert: fat, lazy bastard.

Compare those clowns with the team that NUFC put out just under ten years ago.

Forwards: Shearer Ferdinand

Midfield: Ginola Lee Batty Beardsley

Backs: Beresford Albert Howey Barton

Goal: Srnicek

Apart from Given, there isn't a current Newcastle player (apart from Shearer who's been here the whole time) who'd displace a member of that squad.
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
                  i understand the concept of an analogy, but you are comparing apples and oranges, which is not allowed in analogies. thats why i felt compelled to make a statement.
                  No, it's not apples and oranges. It shows that in the international game, most teams do not start many players over the age of 30. When you hit that age, it's time to think about when you retire from international football.

Oh, and there is an argument to be made that McBride was the US's Shearer. Big slow striker who is great with headers and can shoot. Obviously the US isn't as good as England and McBride isn't as good as Shearer, but he played the same role for our national team. If it wasn't for his first goal against Portugal in WC 2002, who knows what happens?

Unfortunetly he got old... and the US got its Michael Owen in Eddie Johnson (note, I'm not saying they are equal in talent... in case I had to make that clear).
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Agathon
                    Like who? When there's a goal we score, 3 out of four times he's had a hand in it. He's not a great defender and sometimes he can go in and out of games, but apart from today, he's been trying to do what he's told. He told the papers the team was playing badly (he didn't exclude himself) and he's right – they're playing like ****.

If the manager had any brains he'd buy a better left back so that Robert would have to do less defensive work.
                    Screw that. Look at the SkySports ratings. Robert, in the last 3 games they have ratings for has a 6-5-5. 7 is average. Robert is ****ing lazy French bastard. And when you face Christiano Ronaldo, you can't just leave him to the left back, for ****'s sake! Babayaro is a decent left back (especially for the price), but God dammit, you need some defense from the MF. And I don't think it's a bad thing to take out Robert when he's sucking and put in James Milner, who's going to be a good one out on the wing in the future.

Robert is a waste of space.

Maybe is Souness gets some cash, we can buy some all star players. Boumsong was a good signing. Babayaro was a good signing. Faye was a decent signing, at least at the beginning of the year. Gave the squad a good jolt. Kluivert... well no one knew he'd suck it up that badly.

They just gotta spend next year. We need a good striker. Dyer is good on the right wing. Maybe have Milner on the left. Get a GOOD center midfielder and someone to replace Bramble (if Taylor isn't quite ready) and there is a decent team.

Comment

• Kluivert is getting better every year, isn't he!!!
                      Man, he was of great use to the team...'though he did try his best to fit right in and be crap just like the rest of Newcastle.
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Well if that's the football he likes, I bet he looooooves Chelsea's style .
                        I hope you enjoyed getting a footballing lesson from ManU at the weekend.
                        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

• Well, I enjoyed it. Still, I'm just running out my personal clock on this season. Does anybody hear Sir Alex comparing Alan Smith to Mark Hughes any more?
                          Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

• Heinze wouldn't have been able to deal with Ronaldo and Neville overlapping on him, so i don't see why Babayaro should. It's the leftsided midfielders job to track the full back. Robert doesn't do that, hence the 3 goals that came from the rightside for MUFC.

Comment

• Originally posted by lightblue
                              Heinze wouldn't have been able to deal with Ronaldo and Neville overlapping on him, so i don't see why Babayaro should. It's the leftsided midfielders job to track the full back. Robert doesn't do that, hence the 3 goals that came from the rightside for MUFC.
                              Bingo. And quite right. I mean this isn't Norwich's right side here. Christiano Ronaldo and Neville are great players and you have to have two men covering them, not one trying to account for both.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeH
                                I hope you enjoyed getting a footballing lesson from ManU at the weekend.

How does this follow from saying Chelsea plays the exact opposite of the Big Striker heading goals or hitting them down to the Small Striker?

Comment

Working...
                                X