Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Souness has done alright. He's brought in Faye, Babayaro, Boumsong... gotten something out of Dyer. Hopefully next year we can rebound.

Faye is a joke; Babayaro couldn't even make third choice at Chelsea. But Boumsong is a good signing.

But it won't make any difference. I've followed the club for 25 years, and the only time we came close to doing consistently well was when the ownership ponied up for good players. And that was once: when John Hall was in charge.

Since he retired, Freddie and Dougie have let the club slip further and further behind other big clubs because they won't risk the money that is required to do well. They'd rather sit and suck up our cash. It's just back to the old Seymour/McKeagist days of being exploited by rich people who don't give a fcuk about the team.
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Faye has done pretty well for us this year. A gritty MF in a Bowyer mold, so when we get rid of Bowyer... .

Babayaro was buried at Chelsea, but so is a lot of good talent (like Mr. Parker). That's no slight on him. Perhaps we can do something with him.

But I agree, we need a huge influx of cash. Especially since Shearer will leave after next season and we're going to need a BIG forward signing to replace him.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by reds4ever

He's got his faults but at the end of the day he's bloody English, we try to rise above cheating.

mad: Are you watching Joe Coe?
        *points*

It's good that English players are losing their naivete.
        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
        We've got both kinds

Comment

• Oh no.... please don't start diving more, English players... you are the last hope!
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• There was a great article in Observer sport monthly before the last world cup. They were interviewing Argentinian players who were laughing about how uncynical we were and saying if we were less naive we'd win more.

And then in the world cup Owen dived for a pentalty and we won 1-0 and went through and they were out.

Oh how I laughed.
            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

• Man, that's karma for you .

Comment

• Is a pentalty worth 5?
                We've got both kinds

Comment

• Only if an octalty is worth 8.

Comment

• My friend, a southampton fan, believes that the purest form of football is lumping the ball up to a big man who then knocks it down to a small man to score, or alternatively lumping the ball up to the small man who is out wide and crosses in for the big man to score.

He argues that you could encourage this good football by making headers worth double.
                    We've got both kinds

Comment

• Well he's a Southampton fan, what does he know?

Though if headers are worth double, Brian McBride, the American who plays for Fulham, will be starting every game .

Comment

• Yeah, supporting Southampton is WHY he wants crap football to pay better.
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

• Well if that's the football he likes, I bet he looooooves Chelsea's style .

Comment

• Inter's punishement:

4 games behind closed doors...

BBC, Sport, BBC Sport, bbc.co.uk, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
                            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• Theres no way Inter will appeal, they've got away pretty lightly IMHO.

Comment

• I hate to say I told you so, but...
                                Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X