This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chelsea 0 - Liverpool 0

Second half of the tie will be interesting.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• It will be a good final whoever gets through now, Milan looked slightly better than PSV, certainly not 2-0 better though.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Naw, Milan got a lucky bounce for the 2nd goal. Unlucky for PSV.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Actually, I thought PSV was the better team there, they deserved at least a draw...

Of course, if you forget to capitalise on the chances you get, it's your own fault if you lose...
          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• Chelsea were unlucky in deciding to play Robben in the last half an hour rather that the first. As a side they faded out of the game just as Robben came on, if he'd had had the access to the ball as much as Chelsea did in the first half The Reds would have been in trouble.

I agree Locutus, PSV were worth a draw, but if you don't take your chances...........

Comment

• By the next tie, Robben may be healthy enough to play a full 90 minutes. Liverpool may have their hands full with him.

Comment

• I think a week is too little for Robben, especially in a game like this, the pace of the game was trully imense, it woudn't have been any good to field him from the start.

PSV should have done much better, a real shame and a wasted oppurtunity to kick those **** Italians out of the cup and play Liverpool in the final.
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• Well then he should be well enough to play 60, I'd think. Maybe Duff will be back next week, which should help Chelsea out. They were missing him during the match.

Comment

• Originally posted by alva
                    I think a week is too little for Robben, especially in a game like this, the pace of the game was trully imense, it woudn't have been any good to field him from the start.[/size]
                    It wasn't that immense... it certainly wasn't anything special between two English teams.

Hopefully Duff and Robben can start next time. Robben can get another half hour or 45 mins against Bolton at the weekend.

Not a very interesting game. Both teams defended well. Bring on Anfield.
                    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                    We've got both kinds

Comment

• Yep, should be some great atmosphere, with any goal being the one that potentially sends a team to the Finals... probably to face Milan.

Comment

• Congrats to Chelsea and Bayern Munich.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Whoa, Spurs over Villa 5-1. What a whipping.
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Good news for American soccer fans... we get the second leg of Chelsea-Liverpool this week on ESPN2 instead of Milan-PSV (they only show on European Championship match a week). The English matchup should be far more interesting, IMO.

Comment

• Tomorrow's the big game... Chelsea and Liverpool to go to the finals of the CL. Should be a doozy .

Bad news for PSV. DaMarcus Beasley is out for 3-5 weeks and won't be able to play against Milan.

Comment

• Bad news for PSV. DaMarcus Beasley is out for 3-5 weeks and won't be able to play against Milan.

That sucks. He's great. A few more like him and the US will be a real contender.
                                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X