This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Mad Monk
    Only to keep at least one thread decent.

That dosen't mean I have to approve of your behavior in this.
    Oh, come on. I stuck up for the guy in this thread and was serious in the other thread. I just posted a couple of digs about the Papacy in good fun.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• I was watching the TV news coverage and saw the interview with Cardinal McCarrick of Washington, DC and then saw the footage of Cardinal Egan at St. Patrick's. What a difference between these two.

McCarrick seems so humble, gracious, and kind. His manner is such that you feel like you could converse with him easily about anything. I was thinking, "wow, what a likeable guy." I'm sure he has no shot, but I'd like to see him as pope.

But Egan...dear lord, what an insufferable pompous blowhard. He's instantly dislikeable. He certainly fits the typical profile of stern disapproval one gets from self-important authority figures.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker

I haven't ever KNOWN another pope... he's been pope my entire life.
        What do you care? I thought you were Jewish...
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

• On the topic of his successor, there's been some talk in the papers here about a Cardinal Arinze from Nigeria, and also of Cardinal Reizinger (74) from Germany who's been described as having been very close to John Paul II.

A black Pope? Several commentators have pointed out that the appointing of a new Pope is nearly always a surprise to most people. And that the church is on a rise in Africa, which could be helped along further by electing Arinze.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boris Godunov
            I was watching the TV news coverage and saw the interview with Cardinal McCarrick of Washington, DC and then saw the footage of Cardinal Egan at St. Patrick's. What a difference between these two.

McCarrick seems so humble, gracious, and kind. His manner is such that you feel like you could converse with him easily about anything. I was thinking, "wow, what a likeable guy." I'm sure he has no shot, but I'd like to see him as pope.

But Egan...dear lord, what an insufferable pompous blowhard. He's instantly dislikeable. He certainly fits the typical profile of stern disapproval one gets from self-important authority figures.
            It's your guilty consciense

Comment

• Today is a great day for John Paul II...it is the rest of us that are sad.
              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• Originally posted by Ned
                What we need is to make a married man Pope.
                While it could happen, since the Pope is not required to be a priest, given that JPJ II selected all be three of the college of cardinals that select the Pope, it's likely the next Pope will be as rigidly conservative as you.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• The RC church has some married priests.

Comment

• Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• There were some great none priest who became Pope. Laz wrote all about several of them.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agathon
                        What do you care? I thought you were Jewish...
                        I'm an atheist, raised Catholic (my dad's Jewish), which is why I have a good deal of sympathy for the Catholics here.

Comment

• If I was going to end my apostasy, I'd choose to be Catholic. I like all the rites and iconogaphy and stuff.
                          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• It's in fact quite nice. Some people say is too pompous, but keepin' the tradition isn't that bad. right?
                            >>> El cine se lee en dvdplay <<<

Comment

• I just wish that they'd make a Franciscan a Pope.

Franciscans have a long standing tradition of being human oriented. They take a vow of poverty that goes beyond most orders. Thomas Merton was one of them. I have a lot of respect for their work with the poor.

Comment

• I'm an atheist, raised Catholic (my dad's Jewish), which is why I have a good deal of sympathy for the Catholics here.

No true atheist could ever have sympathy for Catholicism. You better mail your atheist's card in.
                                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X