The Dungeon of Apolyton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jamski

Its the best mini-game. There's a hydralically locked room in Apolyton Town, which contains a cage and two levers. One lever creates DrSpike clones. The other creates Tassadar clones (both in the cage) which then fight to the death. I wet my pants testing it.

And its more 1 DrSpike clone > 100 Tassadar clones
    I was lmao when I found that. Played with it for quite a while. One time about 16 Tass clones killed the 3 Spike clones (2 were already wounded from previous battles with Tass clones) and the 6 or so surviving Tass clones turned their attention to my character, which is when I discovered that characters/monsters could walk through the bars. I was busy laughing as mentioned above when I noticed I was being engaged in HtH combat with 2 of the Tassadars, 3 spiders thingies, and a skeleton warrior. Killed them off easily though (I'd used my previous character instead of a new one )

The area I and the others walked through seem to be at/near the join between the two sets of bars nearest the levers. Took a little more clicking to get out than in, almost thought I was going to be stuck
    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

And its more 1 DrSpike clone > 100 Tassadar clones

-Jam

Comment

• Its worth finding all the water-pumps to power the doors then

What was I thinking? A cloneing factory in the heart of Apolyton Town

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• Yes it is, at first I thought there was only the couch, but then noted the doors. Played with the levers and great fun insued

At one point I think I had about 30 tassadars battling 6 spikes

Comment

• Cloning Factory? DL Inc?

You should have the PC attacked by a massive swarm of small, weak creatures. 100 rats in the OT DL horde?
            Well, you'd have to rename rat to DL.

Comment

• There is a horde of headless DLs and they are NOT weak

-Jam
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

• The Headless DLs can be quite deadly, not a walk in the park even for my non-new character (12th level barbarian/6th level rogue). They chewed through hitpoints fast

Comment

• The headless DLs should slaughter new-characters unless they did some serious shopping tim Apolyton Town. Potions with Stoneskin effect and Emperor's Armour should give you a fair fight.

-Jam

Comment

• I'll probably run through it again, with a new character, I missed a lot on my try

Comment

• Check out the walkthrough, that way you should see most of the subquests.

Not all of them though

-Jam

Comment

• I did glance at the walkthrough, that's how I know I missed so much

Comment

• I got to the Jamski residence and died to some pesky kobolds *embarrasment* then realised my last quicksave was before the maze. I promise to give it another try soon
                          To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                          H.Poincaré

Comment

• I didn't know you were a NWN player, Grumbold. But you should be ashamed of yourself - killed by kobolds

-Jam

Comment

• The headless DL's never touched me.

AH killed me twice, however.

ACK!
                              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I didn't know you were a NWN player, Grumbold. But you should be ashamed of yourself - killed by kobolds

-Jam
                                In defense, Grumbold could have been trying to melee with a non-melee class (read: wiz/sorc). Then again, that's worse.
                                oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Working...
                                X