X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Skanky Burns
    "Consciousness Planetary University".
    Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?
    Have you forgotten that it has more than one meaning !
    SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

• hey I finally got around to playing this. I was expecting it to take a copule hours. But I always play my games thouroughly. It took like 2 hours just to get to level 3

There is one major bug I would like to address. The magical skeleton bones. If you have more than one in your inventory you can keep getting unlimited potions from Asmodean. These can be resold at a very high price. Allowed me to buy boots of speed. You can sell the magical skeleton bones, and then buy them back and continue getting unlimited potions. It doesn't do this when you only have 1 magical skeleton bone in your inventory. I didn't exploit this too much, honest. I just couldn't resist the boots of speed. There wasn't too much else I wanted.

This will take me a bit longer than I expected. So it may take me a few days, or weeks to finish.

Hey you could put me in the game too . I'd like to be a dwarven ranger. That's what I'm playing this game through as. I know a dwarven ranger sounds weird. But that's how I see myself in real life . My interests are hiking (th e ranger part), drinking and womanizing (the dwarven part). So I guess you could find me in the woods (well desert where I live), or the the brothel . Or just working.

also some of the item/furniture descriptions such as candlebras are still in german, and a few other german quirks as well. no biggie.

Rapiers!! . I have the weapon finesse trait, but I can't find any rapiers to use. Currently I'm using short swords.
      Last edited by Dis; February 17, 2004, 04:26.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamski
        I'd really LOVE it if someone would write up a detailed review or something, with comments on all the areas.

Apparently hundreds of people have DLed it, so someone must have the time

Please

-Jam
        I will when I finish it.

Comment

• as I said above you could put me in a future version as a Dwarven Ranger (weilding a bow). Maybe one who runs a brothel in the middle of the desert and who keeps a collection of various weapons and insists on his right to keep these weapons, yet at the same time thinks most people should not own weapons . My animal companion would be war dog of course. My actual dog's name is Lizzie- but I'm not sure if that's a good war dog name . I would also like mountains in the desert- but that's asking a lot with the NWN tilesets.
          Last edited by Dis; February 17, 2004, 04:25.

Comment

• I wanted to post some screen shots of ole Diss in action. Don't ask me why I'm bald, I'm not bald in real life. I have blondish/ lt. brown hair.

the first one shows me using a bow at short range, which I normally wouldn't do, but I did here to show the zombies in the same screenie as my bow in action. Not a very good screenie. My body looks clipped off . Crummy NWN graphics
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Dis; February 17, 2004, 04:27.

Comment

• one more
              Attached Files

Comment

• You should turn up the brightness a bit, really its not a dark level

Diss - there are a few tasty magical rapiers about half-way down the dungeon. Rapiers ARE unusual weapons though, so never count on getting ANY.

I know about the Asmo bug, but I can't be bothered to make a new version just to fix that one thing. Think of it as an exploit - you can do the same in BG2 to get infinite Fire Arrows

Oh yeah, expect to take a few hours if you want to read the item descriptions on every candlabra

-Jam
                1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamski
                  You should turn up the brightness a bit, really its not a dark level

Diss - there are a few tasty magical rapiers about half-way down the dungeon. Rapiers ARE unusual weapons though, so never count on getting ANY.

I know about the Asmo bug, but I can't be bothered to make a new version just to fix that one thing. Think of it as an exploit - you can do the same in BG2 to get infinite Fire Arrows

Oh yeah, expect to take a few hours if you want to read the item descriptions on every candlabra

-Jam

This is the worst bug in your mode!
                  SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                  The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

• Really But that's great

-Jam
                    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

• There is a HUGE bug where Skanky is concerned.

Keep asking for the key and he will give you 1500 xp every time.

ACK!
                      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• I'm just a generous sort of person, is all.
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• Include me, damnit!!!

At least be a townsperson whose name changes every time it's highlighted.

Other old time posters:
                          Werefox (damages you by dancing on your head)
                          Orcus (is bald and attacks by light shining off head)

Is PROT or the UHA (united hippies of Apolyton) in there? How about the nearby 'evil' town of CG?

And don't forget rah's Wand of Ferret Summoning!
                          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

• Ok, when HotU arrives next week, then version 2.0 will come out.

Fixes :

Infinite potions exploit from Asmodean
                            Faction problems when killing Vlad/Mrs Jamski
                            Infinite exp exploit from Skanky
                            Include Theben
                            Add intro cut-scene (HotU only, sorry - It makes scripting this much easier because DelayAction(); is fixed)
                            Make Tassadar's door into a plot item (indestrutable)
                            Anything else?

Those currently playing, could you TRY to break the game. Do mad stuff, kill important characters, talk to people out of sequence etc. Try and break down doors, pick NPC's pockets for quest items like heads and bones... you get the idea.

Thankyou for the continuing interest in this project, it been a real learning experience

-Jam

Comment

• Possible description would be a retired fighter who's missing his right arm (I'm left-handed). ~8th level. The original lost his arm in AD&D to a Golem-type creature, but here it would be more appropriate if it was lost due to the dreaded Giant Two-Headed Fire-Breathing Ferret!

And if ferrets are included, don't forget Vito and Dolph as leaders!!
                              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

• Sorry, but the closest I have to a ferret model is a rat. I don't think rah would be too impressed

A one-armed fighter (with a two-handed sword ) is no problem though.

-Jam

Comment

Working...
                                X