The Dungeon of Apolyton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lol

I brought the evil bear from Oswalds' forest into the Apolyton Barracks. It killed most of the Apolyton Guardsmen. They provided good meat shields for me to use Urban Ranger's bow. Most of them died

I had to use similar cheesy tactics in the gladiator room. You can bring the opponents out. And the head of the gladiator school- can't think of the name right now- will fight and engage the opponent. And even better, he can't be killed. He uses his fists, so it's not likely he will get the kill (and exp.).

edit: the very evil bear finished the rest of them off General Tacticus was my final meat shield. He survived, but took a beating. I got the kill shot though, that's all that matters .

oh great, a ridiculously evil bear. I just used hit and run tactics with him. I think I sacrificed enough people of the Apolyton barracks. I don't want to lose someone important. Haste works well here.
    Last edited by Dis; March 28, 2004, 17:44.

Comment

• I always get the Apolyton guards killed in the goblin massacare while I just watch. It amuses me.

I love it though... those evil bears being charmed and used to kill the Apolyton Guard... I never even considered anyone would be so evil

Oh, and the head of the Gladiator school is Alexm, if I remember correctly.

-Jam
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• actually I didn't charm them (I did try animal empathy- but the DC check was too high- I only put 6 points into empathy). Monsters will follow you through portals. This is a tactic I've used the whole game. Inclduding the coracle dude on level 14 I just killed. It gives me room to run around and use my bow.

But I do have a problem. I give Ixnay the modertor thingy that I got from MTG's basement. He says I have to kill someone, but I can't find them. The walkthrough says south of the city hall. There is a door I cannot get in. I'm thinking that is it.

Also if I kill Trip- everyone goes hostile. I'm not sure if that is intended. So I did not give him Tass's diary.

And I could not find anymore light armour. But so far I haven't needed it. I've just been running around trying not to get hit . And using meat shields when possible. There is plenty of medium and heavy armour that is cool. But I haven't had much luck finding any light armour. One armour is listed as studded leather armour +3, but it is only regular studded leather armour.

Comment

• hmmm, killing the coracle also makes everyone go hostile.

this could be a problem.

Comment

• oh well. I don't know how to resolve that. I cannot talk to Bob at the end- he's hostile. I tried charm person or mammal, that did not work.

here's a screenie
            Attached Files

Comment

• Nice picture

Hmm... Coracle and Trip making people go hostile when killed is a know bug, as with Vlad. I'm working on it right now. They simply belong to the wrong faction(s).

When Ixnay wants you to kill Panag, you have to ask the guard outside Panag's door to open it. He'll only do so if you have the mission from Panag, otherwise he'll say no.

Light armour he wants.... did you kill Frozzy or Panag? They both have excellent light armour and are both found in Apolyton Town. You'll have to kill one of them to complete the good or evil paths. That will fix your low EXP as well.

-Jam
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

• What's +1d6?

Comment

• An extra 1-6 points of damage (a d6 is a six sided dice)

-Jam

Comment

• yeah Panag was the one I was supposed to kill.

I think the guard outside the door may have bit the dust. What's her name- is it Queen of the Mark? She and her goons may have wasted him. I had to retreat a little, to prevent from being annhilated by her and her goons. The good news is Space05 (or whatever his name is) is unkillable- he makes a good meat shield. Good thing, he's almost as annoying as noober. A few other settlers, warlords, and such bit it though.

So I never did get the Panag kill.

Also can you find Lord of the Mark's sister (or was it daughter?). I never saw anyone like that around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamski
                      An extra 1-6 points of damage (a d6 is a six sided dice)

-Jam
                      Crap, that means I'm using the wrong crystal in my lightsabre!

Comment

• Whoa...

Queen of the Mark has Princess of the Mark in a cell in that room behind all the Goons.

Panag is South of the town hall though, not South East. You probably just missed the turning. Go out the town hall, go left then almost straight away go right, and Panag is 1st door on the right with a guard outside.

Yeah... if you got the guard killed by the goons, then you can't get in, you can't kill Panag and then you can't get his excellent armour or the reward from Ixnay

Space05us is intended to be the new Noober, so that is going to make him happy

-Jam

Comment

• wow dudes, never read this thread bewfore, almost makes me want t ogo out and buy the game.. in fact i probably will...
                          GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• OMFG! I thought you'd never see this!

You'll need at least the first expansion pack for v1.0 and you'll need both expansion packs for v1.1 onwards.

-Jam

Comment

• the gold version may include the first expansion pack. I'm not sure.

So many games now days release different versions. It can get confusing. Morrowind and civ3 do the same thing.

Some games have the game of the year edition.

But I do believe the gold version includes shadows of undrendtide.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dissident
                                But I do believe the gold version includes shadows of undrendtide.
                                It does

Comment

Working...
                                X