Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heheheh...

Originally posted by Sava
    "Think for yourself, don't rely on the words of 2000 year old dead people" - Sava 59:22-12

I think that there was a man named Jesus that lived who had some good things to say. But I don't believe in the whole mythical walking on water crap. And I think his original followers somehow managed to make their cult a religion. I don't believe there will be a "second-coming" because I don't even believe in the "first-coming", so-to-speak.
    Don't look now, but you're named after the patron saint of the Serbian Orthodox Church. I'm not suggesting you change your name, but you should probably know that you share it with a first-milennium patriarch.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Like every time he 'returned' previously : as soon as a big event occurs, and some religious lunatics see a deep biblical meaning in this event and its correlation with the fulfilling of the prophecy.

Edit : I give it a year, at most.
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Christ knows
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Re: Heheheh...

Originally posted by Elok

Don't look now, but you're named after the patron saint of the Serbian Orthodox Church. I'm not suggesting you change your name, but you should probably know that you share it with a first-milennium patriarch.
          I'm quite aware of my name and where it comes from ...
          BTW, tons of names come from religious roots. Ironically... Sava is my patron Saint. But I was directly named after my great-grandfather who was a veteran of two world wars. Personally, I don't see how the origins of my name are relevant. I would hold the same religious views regardless. Maybe I should change my name to Jesus. That way, when people exclaim "Jesus Christ" in frustration, I can respond with, "Yes?".
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

What is the white stuff dribbling from Heaven?

The coming of the Lord.

What is the white stuff dribbling from Heaven, but with lesser intensity?

The second coming of the Lord.

Why are you groaning?
            "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
            "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

I am an agnostic - I have no reliable information on the existence of God. Christ existed though and I believe in what he said.

So banana.
              http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

I see some people REALLY WANT TO GET RESTRICTED...

LAST WARNING FOLKS... TOAST TIME FOR PEOPLE WHO CONTINUE TO SPAM THIS THREAD.
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

IMO, the thread should have been closed immediately.

A question like this, especially considering the source, is frivilous at best.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Why... because somebody believes, and you don't...

If it's frivilous at best, people can ignore it and it will drop like a rock.

If people who believe want to answer seriously... fine.

If you spam, you are toast.
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

this is worisome
                      '

I am Christian, but do not believe that Christ is coming back 9

out of 25
                      '
                      Jon Miller
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                        Why... because somebody believes, and you don't...

If it's frivilous at best, people can ignore it and it will drop like a rock.

If people who believe want to answer seriously... fine.

If you spam, you are toast.
                        Believes?? Believes what?
                        And this isn't spam, it a question and an opinion.

The question was asked by an Atheist that promptly hauled ass after posting it, and has been responded to primarily by Atheists.

No, don't say anthing about "Life Styles", but baiting Creationists is all fine and good.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I don't care...

Spam... (or continue discussing whether its a valid thread or not) and you are toast.

Stay on topic...
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

Interesting that so many avowed Atheists have an interest in this subject.
                            Because a high (though not all) percentage of atheists actually use their brains to think about this kind of stuff, whereas a great many Christians (though not all) don't bother and just accept things blindly.
                            "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

See you in 24 hours BustaMike...

Anybody else want to ignore the warning...
                              Keep on Civin'

Comment

Doh. You thought Rabbi Yehoshua is a Christian?
                                I never should've trusted that neurotic what's his name, Saul, Paul, he kept changing names all the time.
                                *sigh*, I did add a smilie. I know Christ is a Jew...

As for his return, I'm surprised at the number of Christians who do not believe Christ will return. Why do you feel he won't come back, as he promised?
                                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                                X