How soon is Christ coming again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How soon is Christ coming again?

The other thread inspired this, but I think it deserves its own space for a poll. I'm interested in knowing the feeling of Christians on this board as to when Christ the Saviour (as believed in by Christians) is coming back to Earth.

Note that this is just to be an estimate, not necessarily arrived at in any methodical, millenarianist or prophetic way.
    Within the next 5 years
    2.53%
    5 to 10 years
    0.00%
    10 to 20 years
    1.27%
    20 to 30 years
    0.00%
    30 to 50 years
    1.27%
    50 to 100 years
    1.27%
    100 to 200 years
    0.00%
    200 to 500 years
    0.00%
    500 to 1000 years
    1.27%
    Longer than 1000 years
    3.80%
    I believe that He's already come again
    1.27%
    I believe that it is impossible to even provide a gut-feeling estimate
    18.99%
    I am Christian, but do not believe that Christ is coming back
    15.19%
    I am not a Christian/Holy Banana, Batman!
    53.16%
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

More of a Taoist, I am.

I do believe that Jesus of Nazareth was a real person whose teachings Christians follow ( <- verb used lightly in many cases). To me, it doesn't matter whether or not He was the son of God or simply the son of a carpenter, that isn't the point. The Message, not the messenger, is what matters. He did make a promise to return one day...

...I do believe that someone will come along one day who will inspire the masses, much as Jesus once did, and be proclaimed by many to be the Second Coming. Again, lineage isn't the point. It's the Message that matters...
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Indeed it's all about the messenger.

I'll say we are not far, considering that more Christians have been killed in the last 100 years, then in all of the previous centuries combined.

...I do believe that someone will come along one day who will inspire the masses, much as Jesus once did, and be proclaimed by many to be the Second Coming.
      And you'd be right.

I say 100 years, but a monkey would make as good a guess as I.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

He's here now. We're playing "Grand Theft Auto." Not surprisingly, I'm kicking his ass.
        "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

You'd strike an unarmed man?

Just wait 'till He comes back again..
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

He'll return...

...in 2 days, 4 hours, 23 minutes and 45 seconds...
            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I'm already here.
              "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Christ returns as a Jew?

Comment

Why not, he was a Jew
                  Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                  Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

I can't say when Jesus comes back.
                    I think the apocalypse might start in 17 years though. (which is not the same as the returning of Christ)

That means huge wars, persecution of christians and the death of 1/3th of the world population.
                    Attack on Israel by surrounding nations.

I think it'll be started by a few huge terror acts that will make the world-opion turn against 'fundamentalists' in general.

wil 'poly be online in 17 years? So I can say "I told you so" to you guys
                    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Christ returns as a Jew?

Doh. You thought Rabbi Yehoshua is a Christian?
                      I never should've trusted that neurotic what's his name, Saul, Paul, he kept changing names all the time.
                      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Last edited by RGBVideo; March 26, 2003, 09:35.

Comment

If he's got good enough fluffers he can be back in action 10 minutes after the last pop shot.
                          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                          We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
                            If he's got good enough fluffers he can be back in action 10 minutes after the last pop shot.
                            I was looking forward to some tasteless remarks on this thread, but I truly never saw that...er...coming. Well done, sir!
                            "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
                              truely oustanding.

what are fluffers BTW
                              Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                              Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Working...
                              X