Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newsflash! Australia pulls out of coalition!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IIRC, France names its operations after colors. At least, the only opration's name I can remember is "Opération Turquoise" (a greener blue), i.e the failed attempt to monitor the Rwandan crisis.
    Dunno how the operation in ivory coast is called.
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
      and france could start doing operations like:

operation chamberlain
      operation bend over
      operation lift both hands over your head
      To the tune of "Bingo was his name-O"

Come in everybody!

H-Tower had a joke
      about the French
      And it was really LAME-O
      L A M E O, L A M E O, L A M E O,
      And it was really lame-o !

If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
        Wait, what was the name? I though I catched Liberation Shiled..is that the horrid name they really thought up for this?
        Liberty Shield is in Afghanistan

Iraqi Freedom is in (duh) Iraq
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Which one is Liberty Cap?
          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
          We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by Jack the Bodiless
            The Americans like grandiose names, the Brits go to the opposite extreme (I presume it was the Brits who named the Arnhem assault "Operation Market Garden"?)
            Yeah, since it was their show - Monty's big idea, never mind reality. It was a combined op, Market being the landing in Arnhem and securing the Arnhem Bridge, Garden being the supporting landings by US XVIII Airborne Corps in the countryside around Eindhoven, Son, Veghel and Nijmegen.

If the rumors about SAS action around Basra are true, maybe "Operation Sand In My Sandwiches" is underway.
            They're undoubtedly true, but whether they mean anything is another story. Beach marking and clearing special operations are a preliminary to hot amphibious assaults, but it could also be an elaborate ruse designed to draw Iraqi defenders to dilute themselves by extending the area they covered. This was done with great effect in GW I, and most of those Iraqi divisions covering the Kuwait beaches never got into the fight until they tried to boogie out on the so-called highway of death.
            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

I prefer Operation 0wn3d S4dd4m.
              "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
              "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Yeah, the name of the operation is very important, as well as the other aspects of the war such as mottos, mascots, and back drops that news ppl will use to make the war look like fun.

If Australia had its way it would be "Operation Millenium War" and they would have three mascots, not one. They will be Millie, Olly, and Syd (punny names) and their logo would be three boomerags (since all ausies use those).
                Monkey!!!

Comment

Operation "Look Mom, without the brains!"
                  I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Your home of Australian stories, conversations and events that shape our nation.
                    "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Operation "Look Mom, without the brains!"

devastating

Comment

Originally posted by LaRusso
                        yeah, you should give it a more macho sound like 'consumer confidence', or 'mu lai part II' or 'cheap oil' op...
                        ROTFLOL

Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Operation Roto Rootor
                          • It's not going to be clean.
                          • It's not going to be pretty.
                          • It's not going to be fun
                          • But it has to be done.

Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

When we will have "Operation North Koreanese leader with funny name is evildoers"?

Operation "Skim Kim"
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                              Our military has no training whatsoever in liberating people. Its main job is to kill people, preferably in coalition operations where they get to use all the cool new US weapons and bombs.
                              Horse, haven't you ever been to the Australian War Memorial? The Australian military's main job is to kill people and then steal all their property.

Our deep suspicion of words like "freedom" make it impossible for us to free anyone.
                              No kidding. The only Australians who regularly use the word 'freedom' are those employed to advertise tampons
                              'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                              - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Originally posted by Case

Horse, haven't you ever been to the Australian War Memorial? The Australian military's main job is to kill people and then steal all their property.
                                Oh yeah - I'm amazed at all the loot relatives have brought back from various wars. I don't know how they carried it all.

Our troops also have a proud reputation for starting mutinies and riots, especially against other allied forces, wherever they go.

Best to keep them in the field at all times and away from populated areas
                                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
                                X