I'm sick of you homophobes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Directed at both of us?
    Correct. I apologize for ever quoting a bible verse, it will never happen again. Yet, just leave the verse, translations of the text have many meanings. Obviously, sense you do not seem to side with the advicators of this sign... as petty as it is.

Obiwan: I admire your tact. Note, however, that some see "servant" as slave, and that the inability for the slave (or ingrate) to remove the weed from the wheat leads to their justification to irradicate the probelm themselves. This is THE problem with bible... interpretation. I see what you mean, and I do apologize.
    Monkey!!!

Comment

Japher:

Then speak with the pastor in charge. Tell him you fear people taking your interpretation and tell him exactly what you have told me. In all likelihood, they will change the message if they fear people are having the wrong impression.
      That was what I suggested to do first... in not so many words, but I did suggest to address the problem with the pastor before going to the cops.
      Monkey!!!

Comment

Anyone can claim they were inspired by God to write. If they do so, it means you shouldn't believe them; it means that they are loonies. If you think that someone proclaiming himself to be the messiah is crazy, then why believe the bible where someone says he is? Where is the difference here?
        "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

If you think that someone proclaiming himself to be the messiah is crazy, then why believe the bible where someone says he is?
          Zevico:

Easter is coming up. Is there demand for a thread titled what's the big deal about Easter?

Japher:

Don't report to the cops if they choose not to change the sign. Your complaint should be enough to make them more careful in the future.

BTW- Luther's big on reading the bible yourself.

We're still feeling the effects of his actions.

If you don't like my explanation, then listen to Christ.

Matthew 13:36-42:

The Parable of the Weeds Explained

Then he left the crowd and went into the house. His disciples came to him and said, "Explain to us the parable of the weeds in the field."

He answered, "The one who sowed the good seed is the Son of Man. The field is the world, and the good seed stands for the sons of the kingdom. The weeds are the sons of the evil one, and the enemy who sows them is the devil. The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvesters are angels.

"As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age. The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. They will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

OK, I'm gonna jump in.

I hate to say it, but I'm not especially tolerant of religious people - especially when they start to push their beliefs.

And why should I? It was the religious who made my early teenage years hell, simply because of what I am and a lot of gay people have to go through that.

It's all very well preaching that you're trying to protect the children from becoming gay but the reality is you're simply punishing the gay children.

Having a 13 year old thinking there's something seriously wrong with him and thinking he's going to hell is ****ed up.

Comment

I find it curious how many of you will demand tolerance and fair treatment of homosexuals, and decry anyone who says anything bad about homosexuality, but then turn around and talk about burning down a sign that says 'don't tolerate something god doesn't condone'. To tell you the truth, if I had seen that sign, homosexuality would NOT have been the first thing to come to mind.

Little bit of a double standard going on, IMO.

Comment

Working...
              X