I'm sick of you homophobes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thorn
    So who is the wise guy who changed my thread title.... ?
    Somebody beat me to it... I was going to do it earlier (and make the exact same edit), but I was busy and figured I would change it later if the thread was still on the first page
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I'm seriously thinking about changing the sign to:

"do not tolerate condone God"
      "Our words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS!"​​

Comment

I guess, though, if you are to argue the point one cannot say that because I don't believe in the bible that you can't hold it up as your reason.

I would be in the wrong arena playing the wrong game, and to me I would win, and to them, they would win.

I was playing chess, when I along I sould of been playing checkers.

Thus, my argument to discret most of the createns out there who bash gays based on religious beliefs: If you aren't going to argue with the whole of the bible then don't bring it up at all, and if you want to use the whole of the bible then you are WRONG.

As for if Satan is really the good:

Naw, they are both a little of both. Made in his own image, we are a little odd.
        Monkey!!!

Comment

Or would that be defacing a church?..... what is the fine for that... oh right in my state Death Penalty probably....

Comment

I wouldn't advocate defacing the church. But you could put up your own little sign.

Comment

It is one of those slide the letters signs....

Comment

I would go ask the Pastor what he means by that sign, and then ask him to remove it. If he doesn't I would call the cops, and tell them that sign advocates violence.
                Monkey!!!

Comment

WAY WAY to many people take it literally, and with all the conflicting passages, use it to justify some real horrible thing.
                  Rah:

WAY WAY too many Catholics fail to read the bible at all, and get the wrong impression.

If you want, I can try to resolve some of these conflicts.

Japher:

I would go ask the Pastor what he means by that sign, and then ask him to remove it. If he doesn't I would call the cops, and tell them that sign advocates violence.
                  So freedom of speech applies to everyone but Christians?

There's a little passage that says love the sinner, hate the sin. That's just another way of saying what that Baptist church does.

Thorn:

Consider this. You ignore the sign, no one will pay attention, since this is just part of everyday life. Blow up the sign, and you will attract massive attention to the Christian message, and way more publicity than this would have gotten otherwise.

It's your choice.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

So freedom of speech applies to everyone but Christians?

There's a little passage that says love the sinner, hate the sin. That's just another way of saying what that Baptist church does.
                    So, the Baptists are being hypocrits? When they say not to tolerate?

Also, it has been a long heated debate about freedom of speech when the speech condones, insights, or directs for violence.

I cannot say, or have a sign, that says "Kill all Jedi" as much as they cannot have that sign.
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

So, the Baptists are being hypocrits? When they say not to tolerate?
                      That's a good question.

When you love someone, will you tolerate what they do? Suppose they smoke, and you are fed up with the smoke and you decide to leave and ignore your friend, rather than putting up with his smoke. Or again, you offer to help your friend quit. You do the action because you hope that they will quit and their health will improve.

In both situations, you are no longer tolerating the action. Sometimes love requires you to stand by your convictions at the potential cost to a friendship.

The most important thing is the love behind the action.

1 Corinthians 13:1-2

"If I speak in the tongues[1] of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal."
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Exactly, tolerance should be above all. Especially, for an American that has to tolerate/enjoy many different cultures.
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

You should shut up and take it, like any good klingon soldier would

Comment

Exactly, tolerance should be above all.

So you should tolerate the Baptist's sign by that reasoning, rather than complain to the police.

Comment

I'm sick of you homosexuals.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Comment

Verto, do you bite your thumb at me?!

Comment

Working...
                                X