Anti War crowd sinks to yet another new low

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Must have been pro-war.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I haven't seen anyone defending this action. Some people have graduated from going through life with blinders on to what I call: "Imagination Apolyton".

It seems everyone, anti-war, pro-war, has condemned this criminal act. And unfortunately, some have stereotyped these criminals as representing the "anti-war" stance.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Burn a flag for freedom! Woo!
        "It woulda been nice to have naked midgets serving us cocktails everyday." - Brandon Boyd of Incubus

"...gays who, because they just NEEDED their orgies..." -Mr. A. Speer

Comment

Burning the flag is disgusting... and anyone who does so crosses the line from protestor to complete moron.

but it should be legal... as I've said before, in America, you have the freedom to be a complete dumbass.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
            Must have been pro-war.
            Yep. Pro-war people murder others.
            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

see, not everyone who is anti-war is doing these things.

john mearsheimer, one of the foremost realists in the field of international relations, is against it. and he's usually a hawk, too. indeed, his work helped form some of the basis for the bush squad's realist outlook.
              yet mearsheimer doesn't want to go to war.

to equate him as an anti-war professor to these goons as anti-war bastards is a fallacy.

just like in the pro-war category, you have many varying viewpoints, each with their own reasons, one cannot say that all anti-war people will act the same.
              B♭3

Comment

"For this to be vandalism, there had to be an ill-will intent,' he said.
                Since when has vandalism had anything to do with intent? My understanding was that destruction of property in any form was considered vandalism. Anyway, this just seems a little ridiculous. Consider the implications: I'm against PETA's recent advertising campaign. I therefore decide to throw rocks through the windows at PETA headquarters in protest, without ill-will intent, as my intent is to protest. So, assuming that there is no risk of injury to anyone near by, the four officers behind me simply stand and watch?
                "Beauty is not in the face...Beauty is a light in the heart." - Kahlil Gibran
                "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves" - Victor Hugo
                "It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good -- and less trouble." - Mark Twain

Comment

Not a very wise thing to do of those troublemakers, all they have accomplished is putting the anti-war ppl in a bad perspective!
                  Indeed. Nothing of substance will be accomplished or changed except through peaceful means.

This is why I work the back corners no one sees, rather than to stand with the hooligans outside.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris 62
                    The point that seems to have escaped the appolgists of this, is the memorial is ALSO PROTECTED FREE SPEECH.

By destroying it, they violated the 1st amendment right of EVERY PERSON that put something there.

If you follow this logic all the way, pro-war protesters are now free to destroy ANY anti-war sign they see, as it's their "free speech".

That door swings both ways, and I'm surprised there were morons who would defend this action NO MATTER if your pro war or not.

Shows what YOUR morals truly are.
                    If they're on public property without authorisation, feel free. I feel free to tear down flyers posted on lampposts I don't like when I'm out and about. But tearing down something like a campaign poster can get you arrested, IIRC, because they usually have permits.

And these idiots tore something down on private property without the owner's authorisation. So they should get tossed in the clink.

I don't undertand the problem sme people are having with this concept. And the "anti war crowd" smear tactic is absolutely fabulous.

I'm sure that anti-Arab bigots support a war on Iraq. Therefore those who support war on Iraq are anti-Arab bigots.
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
                      Werna: you're still piling up all americans into a single way of thinking, or just making a "generalization", which is the same bad. I just think that this is unfair.
                      Sorry, I won't come posting yet another elaborate post to counter a one or two liner , but it seems to be a good idea to reread my second article as I've made clear that I don't pile up Americans into one way of thinking.
                      "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                      "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

A better thread would have been titled "Criminals vandalize memorials and US flag". But someone had to draw conclusions and spin it to suit his own distorted view of the people he doesn't agree with.

Frogger
                        You are so correct. Painting all the pro-war people as anti-Arab bigots is just as bad as this crap.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                          What a bunch of low life nasty idiots.

To desecrate a memorial to the dead of 9/11.

This country needs hardship. So many people here lack character...
                          thats what i say. let them rot a few years in a vietnamese prison camp, adn then maybe they might be thankful for their freedoms
                          "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
                          - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
                          Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Kirnwaffen
                            Since when has vandalism had anything to do with intent? My understanding was that destruction of property in any form was considered vandalism.
                            What if it's an accident? Not intended = accident.
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I hardly think vandalism is free speech. Something doesn't smell right at all here. The cops should have intervened. But they didn't. Is there a case that held that under these kind of circumstances they have to stand aside and let the destruction continue?
                              http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

I'm VERY surprised the cops didn't intervene, actually.
                                "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                                You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Working...
                                X