No announcement yet.

Anti War crowd sinks to yet another new low

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet they have a new police chief in the near future.
    Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
    Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
    "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
    From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

I'm quite sure that burning american flags is way better than burning Iraqi children.

Of course some may disagree.

Comment

Not a very wise thing to do of those troublemakers, all they have accomplished is putting the anti-war ppl in a bad perspective!

The warmongers can now use this against the anti-war people and that's annoying... I hope Shi has enough brains to see that you don't have to generalize this (although the topic title is a bit fishy!!!) and that not everybody is this drastic in showing their disgust in a war that's not needed.

Anyway who gives a damn about flags and garbage anyway, it's just "stuff" ... You can get that stuff back again anyway so you shouldn't make a big deal out of it. I at least never attach emotional value to mere objects =>because it's pointless (it's like ppl in catholic churches worshipping Jesus' statue or something!!!)
        "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
        "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Originally posted by Jules
          First of all, how do we even know these were really anti-war protestors as opposed to a bunch of juvenile delinquents out for a vandalism spree? The article does not explain how they were anti-war demonstrators, except that the target happened to be a 9-11 memorial, which IMO does not prove their intent.
          I think you have been ignored. Too bad.
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Yeah, random delinquents on a vandalism spree would have brought the Bob Dylan song along. Sure.

Generalizing is bad, m'kay? But these SPECIFIC peeps are morons.

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Azazel: Black and white thinking is not restricted to the US alone and I didn't say this.
              Nor was that part meant as generalization against all Americans. I only have to come here to find a good bunch of very nice Americans who know well to differentiate - no doubt about that.
              I was actually making a completely different point. Those people who did this actually jumped on the same train that divides the world in good and bad and nothing in between. It happens a lot in the US right now: "Who is not for us is against us" is the current doctrine of Bush and obviously widely spread. Sorry to call it "American" if obviously Bush and his administration are following such a pattern. Hey, those people say: "grief about 9/11=pro Iraq war=just=American" and the rest is unpatriotic.
              Those flag-burning people were idiots enough to jump on the train and say "because we don't like Bush and the war in Iraq we have to think 9/11 was good"
              Black and white thinking happens everywhere in this world, but in America it booms since 9/11 and Bush is acting accordingly. The reason why it's inherently American is that the action centers around this 9/11 complex. I'd like to derive my right to call it "American" from the fact that Bush was democratically elected, but lamentably he wasn't
              "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
              "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Completely illegal

It's a shame for morons like this to be lumped in with the 'anti-war crowd' Destruction of private property, especially a peaceful memorial site, is disgusting
                "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola
                  Not when someone else owns the flag.
                  There is no law outlawing flag burning. Republicans tried to set one up in the 1980s but the Supreme Court struck it down as a violation of the Right to Free Speech. That got a few Republicans talking about ammending the Constitution but nothing ever came from it.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

“As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Werna: you're still piling up all americans into a single way of thinking, or just making a "generalization", which is the same bad. I just think that this is unfair.
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

This is a terrible act... but what's worse is the moronic assertion that this was the action of the "Anti-War Crowd". Morons on both sides of this issue are ruining things.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Ahh, the work of true pacifists!

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
                            "perhabs shi, youd like to enforce the sedition act of 1918..."

I'd just like the anti-war crowd to start demonstrating decency and tact.
                            Of course, you conveniently smear the entire "anti war crowd" with the assinine and malicious actions of a few. I suppose if some "pro war crowd" racist decides to help things along by vandalising a mosque, it would be equally appropriate to propagandize that as representative of the "pro war crowd."
                            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

The point that seems to have escaped the appolgists of this, is the memorial is ALSO PROTECTED FREE SPEECH.

By destroying it, they violated the 1st amendment right of EVERY PERSON that put something there.

If you follow this logic all the way, pro-war protesters are now free to destroy ANY anti-war sign they see, as it's their "free speech".

That door swings both ways, and I'm surprised there were morons who would defend this action NO MATTER if your pro war or not.

Shows what YOUR morals truly are.
                              I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                              i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

Of course, you conveniently smear the entire "anti war crowd" with the assinine and malicious actions of a few. I suppose if some "pro war crowd" racist decides to help things along by vandalising a mosque, it would be equally appropriate to propagandize that as representative of the "pro war crowd."
                                There was an assasination attempt here in Salt Lake City against the owner of a Pakistani/Indian resturant. I hear the gunman yelled "DIE TERRORIST!!!" as he drove by, but thats unconfirmed.

Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                                Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Working...
                                X