Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Midwest is the most horrible area of America.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I second Ming.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Asher....
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
        and what about people from the south?
        Overall... nice people. They just talk a little slow
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Sloww,

Boston? You're not missing a whole heckuva lot. IMO, of course. Then again, I'm not big on cities. Even NY.

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

The Midwest has a sort of bland charm: like a big quilt, boring but warm.

For people form the more frantic East, it is somewhat maddening. As for the Far West Coast...crazy hippies.
            If you don't like reality, change it! me
            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I go to Grinnell College. the worst part is, I feel like I'm stranded here - I don't even know how successful I would be in transferring.

My main complaint, I guess, is against midwestern BOSSES. They don't have ANY communication with you whatsoever. On the surface, they appear to be friendly, but what they really think of you is a mystery until it's too late.

We're selfish, greedy jerks? Perhaps on the surface we may appear that way, but when you've made a friend in an Easterner you've made a friend for life. I'd take a bullet for my friends, and I'd expect the same from them. My tendency is to think that midwesterners make good aquaitances, but I wouldn't want to make one my best friend - I don't even know if I could. new Englanders can make poor aquaintances but when you've broken through with one, you've found a really good friend.
              this god damn college... am I going to be stuck at it for another three years???
              "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
              Drake Tungsten
              "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
              Albert Speer

Comment

The Boston area. I like historical sites.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

exactly, gepap!
                  "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                  Drake Tungsten
                  "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                  Albert Speer

Comment

Re: The Midwest is the most horrible area of America.

Originally posted by monolith94
                    Why is it? Is it there complete lack of personality? Is it the way they can look at you in the face and smile, while hating you at the same time? Is it the way they crush individuality? Is it their complete lack of a culture?

Perhaps it's just their underlying distrust of outsiders, like me.
                    I hate them soooo much.
                    I tried to make this relationship work out but I'm seriously considering transferring to another university - any university other than this one.

I love the land, hate the people. These people don't deserve to live on this land - we should give it back to the Native Americans. After all, the majority of the few midwesterners I DO respect are Native Americans...

god dammit! They have no sense of reality either... GAR!

I desperately wish I could get out of here
                    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Pffft, trolling midwesterners.

We're too busy working our asses off to care

You obviously haven't met many people from the younger generation - my age ~20. We're generally more like most americans. As evidence for that I can safely say that even though most of us are more conservative than the average young adult we still get along fine with the enormous international population at Purdue. Only problem is with foreign TAs... "Yes no people!"
                      I never know their names, But i smile just the same
                      New faces...Strange places,
                      Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
                      -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

I love the land, hate the people.

This is one ass backwards statement. The land out here is desperately boring; the people are the ones who make life worth living...
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I've driven through the Midwest. I had this desperate feeling every time we stopped that for some reason or another we'd get stuck there.

I can decisively state that both the land and the people are desperately boring.
                          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Killing it is the new killing it
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Says a Canadian.

-Arrian
                            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Go to Montreal and tell me how boring you find it.
                              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Killing it is the new killing it
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Go to Montreal and tell me how boring you find it.

Montreal may not be boring, but it's still full of French people. I'll take boring over French anyday of the week...
                                KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X