No announcement yet.

How can I make myself look younger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And maybe you don't have a "perfect sense of right and wrong" like I do.
    -tandeetaylor

Not worth your time, or your patience, Loinburger.

Why do you want to look younger? There are many advantages as a man to looking older than your true age.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by obiwan18
      Why do you want to look younger?
      To pick up chicks. No other reason.
      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Some women do dig older men, though.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Oh sure, no denying that. The problem is that I'm not an older man. Take the girl I went out with last night, f'rinstance -- possibility a. is that she likes older men, in which case I shot myself in the foot by telling her my real age, and possibilty b. is that she isn't in to older men, in which case it would have been to my advantage to communicate my real age to her several weeks ago. Grossly oversimplify the situation and assume that all women belong to either category a. or b., and any way you look at it it's not to my advantage to have them misjudge my age.

It's a trade-off -- if I grow a 'fro or wear more loud hawaiian shirts then I'm put in the position of not being taken as seriously as I currently am. But I don't need to be taken seriously, at least not for another year at minimum and likely not for another three years. I'm in girl-seeking mode, not job-seeking mode.

Comment

Oh yeah, don't be so dead serious all the time. It helps
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

I'm not, though -- my behavior IRL is actually pretty similar to my behavior online, within constraints (e.g. I don't know any Libertarians or Communists IRL, nobody insults me IRL, I would never say "e.g." IRL, there's no auto-censor IRL (though sometimes I wish there were), etc.) -- I'm basically as irreverent IRL as I am online, probably much more so. As far as I can tell, I act like a 22-year-old... I dunno, should I be angstier or something? That seems to be pretty in vogue at the moment, and doesn't seem like it would be too difficult (just keep saying "Life sucks, let's go to Starbucks")... I'm not going to try angst if it requires that I grow a goatee, though. Those things itch like a mother****er.

Comment

Okay, follow the suggestions of keeping yourself clean shaven and have short hair. Loud aloha shirts might or might not help, I have seen some middle-aged men wearing those. Certainly looked pathetic to me. I suppose being more sporty can help, at least in the clothing department. IIRC, you're keeping yourself trim already. Okay, yeah, try some younger looking specs, that could help too.

Other than looks, I suppose the best thing you can do is to think young and carry yourself that way.

Comment

Yeah, the shaving ought to help -- currently I only manage about once a week (any less often and my itchy stubble drives me up a wall). And hey, it's a good excuse to grow a 'fro.

Grandma: "Kevin, why did you grow back that awful thing?"
                  Kevin: "Look at it this way Grandma -- do you want to be a great-grandmother, or don't you?"

Comment

Oh, and keep saying, "You know what really sucks? Looking much older than you actually are."

Comment

To pick up chicks. No other reason.
                      Chicks dig many things. It all depends on what kind of chick you want to attract.

Unless you are attached to your facial hair, you should probably shave it off.

Most women like a clean-shaven man.

Some don't care, and those are the ones I prefer.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                      X