No announcement yet.

Making the friend-to-girlfriend conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now we've been married almost 10 years. My love for has basically never waned.
    One word can make a lot of difference. Was that my love for her or for other women or for men? Any other suggestions?
    "I'm so happy I could go and drive a car crash!"
    "What do you mean do I rape strippers too? Is that an insult?"
    - Pekka

Comment

Small furry animals
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

You love Stefu?
        "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

doesn't everyone?
          "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
          You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Not me! ( )
            "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
            - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
            Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

Wow, this bit with Jaguar sounds just like me right now...only I'm three years older...here's what just about every day is like lately: (thoughts in italics, what I actually say in regular)

Hey, how's it going?
              Hey, how's it going?

So, you doing anything this weekend?
              What class you got next?

DAMN IT!
              (general small talk)

Try again, dumbass.
              So, I'm gonna be swamped at work this weekend -- how 'bout you?

Where the hell did that come from?
              (more general small talk)

Damn, that sucked.
              Gotta go. See ya!

She'd say yes, I'm fully sure of it...she practically hangs off of my arm (not too difficult, considering I'm a full 1'2" taller than her), I guess I just need to grow a spine. Dammit, I suck.
              Talent Optional

Comment

I guess I just need to grow a spine. Dammit, I suck.
                I know the feeling

considering I'm a full 1'2" taller
                damn, how tall are you or how short is she?
                "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
                - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
                Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

I'm somewhere between 6'0" and 6'1" and she's just under 5'0". Strange match, no?
                  Talent Optional

Comment

I can beat that. 6'5" guy, 5'0" girl. Both friends of mine.

I've also seen 5'1" guy, 5'8" girl, but that's not quite as funny.
                    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• I'm 6'5", wife 5'4". Height differences don't matter.
                      "I'm so happy I could go and drive a car crash!"
                      "What do you mean do I rape strippers too? Is that an insult?"
                      - Pekka

Comment

• Originally posted by CapitanGarlic
                        She'd say yes, I'm fully sure of it...she practically hangs off of my arm (not too difficult, considering I'm a full 1'2" taller than her), I guess I just need to grow a spine. Dammit, I suck.
                        Yes you suck

Why wait for the weekend? Why not just like go watch a movie in the afternoon or something?
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

• She works from 4:00 to 6:30 every day right after school, so afternoons wouldn't work...
                          Talent Optional

Comment

• Okay make it evening then. Drop by the place she works and take her out to a movie or dinner.

Comment

• A movie is probably better : as you seem shy with words, a dinner would probably bring nothing right now. At the movie, you'll be able to move your arms towards her, without anyone looking, and you'll probably get guidance from her

Edit : as to grow a spine... If you're sure she'll say yes, you have done the biggest effort in the self-confidence thing. You have now to integrate you have nothing to lose and everything to win : if you integrate this, you'll march forward even without spine
                              Last edited by Spiffor; February 7, 2003, 17:05.
                              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
                              X