List ways you would improve sports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soccer needs two balls.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

does everyone hate basketball here or do they hate the nba?
      :-p

Comment

Basketball is alright to play with friends casually...

It's up there with Golf with being one of the most boring spectator sports of all time.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Basketball in general. What a sucky sport.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I like the Williams sisters. I think it is the ITF's fault that we have no idea whether they are drug free. The quality of womens' tennis is definitely on the rise and the drug free players deserve to have a level playing field. The top ten is dominated by physically stronger players - are they the most dedicated players or the cheats?

Until then, the whole sport is tainted by this uncertainty and it makes complete sense for players to enhance their performance using drugs.

As a spectator, I would have far more respect for the best players if I can be sure that they are not just those who are prepared to destroy their health for the sake of money.
            "I'm so happy I could go and drive a car crash!"
            "What do you mean do I rape strippers too? Is that an insult?"
            - Pekka

Comment

Basketball is fine to play, it's just a terrible sport to watch, because of the repetitiveness.
              Talent Optional

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                Basketball in general. What a sucky sport.
                So its basketball in general.. maybe its regional cause only nerds say basketball sucks here in NY.

"And Nerds get their @$$ spanked with moonrocks!" -Aqua Teen Hunger Force-
                :-p

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                  Basketball is alright to play with friends casually...

It's up there with Golf with being one of the most boring spectator sports of all time.
                  Exactly.
                  12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

"i want to turn all sports into mutant league"
                    MRT 144

What makes you think they aren't?
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I think that Baseball is beyond repair. It will always be the absolute most boring sport ever conceived.
                      Basketball and hockey both need a lot of work, shorter seasons for basketball, and less boring defensive stalemates in hockey.
                      Football (American) is the only sport that is watchable these days, IMO.
                      http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

less boring defensive stalemates in hockey
                        I quite like the defensive games in hockey...close games are great.

I'm not sure what you mean by stalemates, because games that are close throughout the game (tied or whatnot) tend to be the best games to watch.

'specially when they go into sudden death overtime.

Like the SWEET breakaway goal in yesterday's Flames vs Kings game in overtime.

Comment

Originally posted by monkspider
                          Football (American) is the only sport that is watchable these days, IMO.
                          As a friend of mine observed, here is a great chance for people to hurt each other, then they have to give them protective paddings.
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I used to like basketball. Especially college baskeball when our local college was the #1 team in the country (back in 1991). They suck now. And the NCAA had it out for the coach and the university. Of course we did break a few rules, but still they had a vendetta against us.

But I tire of college basketball. It is so hard for teams like ours to succeed. I get tired of seeing Duke dominate everyone.

I used to watch the NBA for a while. but I grew tired of it.

But I have to admit, I was interested in that Laker game because of the Yao Ming/ Shaquil O Neil matchup. That was kind of exciting.

I think Yao Ming will be good for the game of basketball. He still needs to improve his offensive output. Or at least improve his defense. It won't matter if he doesn't score much if he can block a ton of shots and get more rebounds.

Comment

Well the problem is NHL is not getting enough time in tv! They should just ban NBA, NFL and baseball for that matter and show only NHL.. to educate you fools about the game of the champions and gods!
                              In da butt.
                              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Well the problem is NHL is not getting enough time in tv!
                                Because its hard as hell to see the puck unless you've got a huge-ass TV or crouch right in front of it...
                                Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X