List ways you would improve sports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List ways you would improve sports

I was listening (I was at work) to the Lakers/Rockets game last night (actually the night before last at this hour). And I was thinking the ending of this game sucked. I remembered why I stopped watching NBA, and even college basketball for that matter. I don't think you should be allowed to foul like that in the end of the game. Any foul to save time on the clock should be a flagrant foul- plain and simple. This would really speed up the end game.

Basically I want to speed some sports up. Basketball especially. The fouls at the end of the Laker game were out of control. Like I said, all those fouls should be flagrant fouls.

Football. This is still a fairly fast game (with the exception of instant replay and other officiating slow downs). But I do think opposing teams should not be allowed to call a time out when the other team goes up for a field goal. This slows the game down, and caused problems like in the Pittsburgh/Tennesee game.

Look at Nascar. This is a sport that runs full speed at the end unlike football and basketball. The only exception is when they finish the race in caution flag. Which sucks btw . Nascar races should NEVER finish under caution flag.

Baseball. Well this game is already painfully slow. But I say limit pitching changes in an inning. This really slows the game down.

Soccer/football. I don't know enough about this sport to say much. This seems to be pretty fast in the end. Especially as the losing team tries frantically to tie or win the game. Same with hockey for the same reason.

Golf. This game is also painfully slow. Do what George Carlin says and put some land mines out there. That will make it more interesting.

Swords make anything interesting.

Comment

NBA needs a shorter season... desperately.

NHL needs to fold up and disappear as so to stop wasting space in the sports section.

WNBA needs hotter chicks... so does the LPGA and the Tennis tour.

Title IX has got to be amended.

Comment

NHL needs to fold up and disappear as so to stop wasting space in the sports section.

The NHL is one of the best leagues to watch, period. They're fun!

If I had my way the NBA would fold up. I cannot fathom how anyone can find that interesting. Perhaps it becomes more interesting when you wager on it...
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

No, the NHL sucks.

Comment

Or, better yet, perhaps the N in NHL can be contracted to mean only the Nation of Canada.

Comment

I'd be okay with moving the NHL back to Canada.

Alberta is doing what it can, two teams in the two major cities, the rest of Canada is slacking!
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Oh, and I think the NHL should adopt the wider rinks as per the Olympics.

Comment

i want to turn all sports into mutant league
                  "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                  'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I agree with you on the fouls issue in basketball, if it is an intentional foul to stop the clock, shoot 2 plus possession. Another thing I'd like to see changed is the ridiculous amounts of timeouts that are being used at the end of the game. Go to a format of 1 timeout per team in the first and third quarters and 2 in 2nd and fourth. Make breaks in between quarters longer to compensate for lost advertising space.

Comment

I would like to see the option to challenge officials' decision in soccer (like in Amer. Football), or at least call for a replay, either by coaches or by referees themselves.
                      There are still too many occasions where referees and linemen fark up a match.
                      Now I don't want to be too harsh on them, their job is difficult, but their errors shouldn't be too decisive for the result of the match.

Comment

Tennis- they should make heavier balls and limit the quantity of fibers in the rackets- I'm sick tired of watching a sport where all you have to do is hitting the ball harder without any trace of tecnique and game strategy
                        Volleyball- the same; nets should be taller about 10cms to reduce spikes' effectivity
                        Skating- already too late, rotten to its core
                        I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by ixnay
                          Swords make anything interesting.
                          Beheading the loosers of the game should make thing also interesting.

It even has tradition.
                          The Mayas used to play a ritual Ballgame (Pok-a-Tok), where the loosers would afterwards be beheaded and sacrificed to their gods

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Nascar: Add Snidely Whiplash to the race. That darned troublemaker is bound to make the race more interesting.

American Football: Get rid of Sudden Death, and introduce an overtime system like that used in college football, with the exceptions that 2-point conversions must be attempted on the 2nd overtime, and (except for playoff games) just call the damn game a tie on the 3rd overtime.

Soccer: Introduce a Shot Clock with, I dunno, a minute on it. If a team maintains control of the ball for a minute and doesn't take a shot, then the opposing team gets to take a goal kick. Also, each team gets a chick on a motorcycle. And the ball should be filled with sand, so that only robot-humans can kick the thing.
                            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Silly loinburger. Nothing could make soccer interesting. Not even a chick on a motorcycle.
                              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Killing it is the new killing it
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                              X