X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Real football
    2. Beautiful women of every type
    3. Lots of wide open space

2) The Ability to work hard and become whoever I want to become (unless I'm poor...)

Why do you think that the poor can't achieve their dreams in America? The American dream is still alive and well.
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Why do you think that the poor can't achieve their dreams in America? The American dream is still alive and well.
      This is true. I know many who can attest to this. Just because not all of the poor achieve, does not mean the poor cannot achieve. You just must be willing and able to work hard, have a little ability, and a little luck doesnt hurt either.

Kman
      "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
      - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
      Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

For the sake of fairness, this virulent US-hater must admit that there are some things he likes:

1) NY, lovely city (well, Manhattan). So representative of what once made the US great that it almost seems now like an un-american city.

2) Saturday Night Live (and not only because they mess with the prez)

3) Those huge brownie with ice cream desserts.

4) New England urban picturesque-ness. (Too bad you have a tendency to knock down historical sites and put glitzy-yet-lame skyscrapers instead)

5) Special thanks to Minnesotta for providing the world with Prince and The Replacements, sad that most of the world never got to hear the latter.

and the MAJOR REASON:

The Civilization series.
        A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

So representative of what once made the US great that it almost seems now like an un-american city.

I say it is a good representation of what does make America great...
          "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
          - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
          Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

1) Winning WW1 & 2 and thereby saving the world twice...I don't want to forget to mention the Russians helped a bit on one edge during the 2nd one.
            2)Rebuilding stupid europe when they blow themselves to idiotic tiny bits.
            3)I'm here
            Long time member @ Apolyton
            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Or...

1)Cradle of world freedom. The reolution to kick out a king and establish freedom that worked. (We didn't trade a king for an emp like the French thanks to George Washington)

2)National parks and refuge areas, the US has alot.

3)Space program. Our Germans got to the moon before anyone elses Germans.
              Long time member @ Apolyton
              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

1) Some american food can actually be pretty good
                2) American women
                3) American entertainment is good - they even tell us when to laugh (I call it "comedy-for-the-dumb" -entertainment)
                I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

1. Paying for the final 10% of the St. Lawrence Seaway.

2. Saving Jets franchise by relocating to Phoenix.

3. Attempted Fenian invasion prompted Confederation.

Without the Americans' Manifest Destiny, Canada would still be a British colony.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

1)food...so much variety and such good quality
                    2)landscape
                    3)girls
                    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

1. the Apollo Program: "We came in peace for all makind" The footage still makes me sniff, so much unrealized potential, so many shattered ideals. That era was truly one when it seemed America might actually become what its propaganda has always trumpeted: a mighty,vigorous, moral country of idealists who could change the world and make it a better place for everyone.

2. the ICBM: accomplished the impossible and effectively ended all possibility of major wars (at least until everyone has ABM systems)

3. the 'movie'. The french might have invented it, but it was the Americans who made it fun.
                      "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                      "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                      "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

...but it was the Americans who made it fun ....Edited out, because of the thread title...
                        Last edited by aaglo; January 15, 2003, 08:00.
                        I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

1. I like the optimism many Americans seem to have. I know it is sometimes simply called naive, but I prefer it certainly over a pessimistic "the world (or whatever) is so baaaaad" view

2. Jeeps. Despite many US cars are hm...*censored cause this is a love thread* I like US off road vehicles

3. the fact that a president can only be re-elected once... (umm, we had chancellor Kohl for 16 years... )

Now can I add some negative things too?
                          Last edited by BeBMan; January 15, 2003, 08:08.
                          Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                            1) America is a compassionate country which has provided refuge for emigre scientists such as myself.

2) I love America's military exchange program, it's given me a chance to get to know one particular Air Force General who has the zaniest sense of humor in the whole world!

3) In my new job I've got this fantastic War Room - you'd have to see it to believe it! Only in America could a complete doormat such as myself rise to the highest postition of service in the land.
                            My God - I never guessed you are in fact Dr Henry Kissinger
                            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

1) Bush
                              2) Eminem
                              3) "We want the Amazon forest, you stupid cucarachas!"

What? A "love" thread? Hm, sorry.
                              I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

The United States of America are an amazing country, it's fun to visit it and maybe to live there too. Most Americans are very nice people and can be awesome friends.

Spoiler:
                                I can't say, that I'm enthralled by American women (I prefer Russian women), but that's a matter of personal taste. What I don't like about America is her foreign policy and the arising Nationalism (they call it Patriotism). That's only a small part to my overall view of America, but unfortunately most of the discussions here are reduced just to these two subjects.

EDIT: Added spoiler for things not entirely on topic
                                Last edited by Harovan; January 15, 2003, 09:28.

Comment

Working...
                                X