The Love America Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Love America Thread

Theres so much America-bashing on these boards that I thought we should all take the time to express POSITIVE things about America and Americans.

So post here to express 3 things you love about America and if you dont, the thread will be closed

Have a nice day and remember: THIS IS A FREE ZONE!

Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

1) NY- great City
    2) Marshall-Plan
    and third for being arround when you need to make Fun of someone and no French are arround :=)
    Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

I love American women.
      I love Americas mountains, good for snowboarding.
      I love American entertainment.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

1) Erm
        2) Umm
        3) I give up.

One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

1) America is a compassionate country which has provided refuge for emigre scientists such as myself.

2) I love America's military exchange program, it's given me a chance to get to know one particular Air Force General who has the zaniest sense of humor in the whole world!

3) In my new job I've got this fantastic War Room - you'd have to see it to believe it! Only in America could a complete doormat such as myself rise to the highest postition of service in the land.
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Arr then I'll give 'em another 3:
            4) Giving me Baywatch when I needed it
            5) Bundesbank
            6) mhh no I think thats all sorry.

I could give some to tell why I like Canadians though

Comment

1) The Freedom to Think, Say, Write, and Feel whatever I want (within reason)
              2) The Ability to work hard and become whoever I want to become (unless I'm poor...)
              3) Government Protected Parks where I can go to enjoy nature and experience life (except in the ones known to cover oil reserves...)
              "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
              You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

1. Student loans.
                2. Miles per hour. None of this "kilometers per metric hour" bull****.
                3. Miles and miles of mountains, desert, and mountainous desert in which to lose yourself.
                <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Oh yeah, also Mom, Baseball, and Apple Pie.
                  <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

the Metric System is far superior than measuring things in Feet,
                    noo I mustnt let me draw into THAT Discussion again

Comment

I'm here. What more do you need to love this place?

But seriously. The US has, throughout the course of it's history, had freedom, diversity, opportunity and accomplishments. And while the country is by no means perfect, it isn't for lack of people trying to make it a better place.
                      "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

-Declaration of Independence
                        -Constitution
                        -Bill of Rights
                        Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                        Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

1. The Freedom to Think, Say, Write, and Feel whatever I want (within reason) [from orange]
                          2. The right to pursue my education in whatever field i want to, and to choose my career path.
                          3. The gaming industry.
                          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                            1) America is a compassionate country which has provided refuge for emigre scientists such as myself.

2) I love America's military exchange program, it's given me a chance to get to know one particular Air Force General who has the zaniest sense of humor in the whole world!

3) In my new job I've got this fantastic War Room - you'd have to see it to believe it! Only in America could a complete doormat such as myself rise to the highest postition of service in the land.
                            Are those for real? Or are they just allegorical answers to Dr. Strangelove, the film? Perhaps I am just looking deeper into these forums than i should be...

Originally posted by UberKruX
                            2. The right to pursue my education in whatever field i want to, and to choose my career path.
                            Killer Artificially Sentient Machines! [KASM!]

1) My life is comfortable, pleasant, and productive here

2) America has interesting culture/pop-culture... to say the least

3) I can grow up in a trailer park (as my brother and I did), the gutter of society, and still, with hard work and merit, grow up and make a 6 figure salary (as my older brother is now, and I hope to be soon)
                            "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
                            - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
                            Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

Food, girls, and grad schools.
                              "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                              -Bokonon

Comment

Working...
                              X