The Feminist Myth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edited by MtG:

Chill with the sex talk, or take a week off to see if you can't actually do something about your fixation.
    Last edited by MichaeltheGreat; January 3, 2003, 03:45.

Comment

and you say you want to be a Moderator?

Bloody hell, I guess you're what remains of that famous American red blood
      Res ipsa loquitur

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
        (and edited by MtG)

Last edited by MichaeltheGreat; January 3, 2003, 03:47.
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

This is absolutely true.

Consider that until very recently in human history, women got married at the age of 13. Then pregnant at 14. Natural selection dictated that women (girls by todays standard) whose bodies were not mature enough to handle childbirth unfortunately died.

Therefore there is an evolutionary reason why women mature at a much earlier age than men.
          "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

Had my ESP thread closed, what a shame.

Anyway, not to threadjack-

What is the definition of maturity? Physical maturity seems to mean to take on adult physical attributes, but can the same be said for emotional maturity? That to be an emotionally mature person one should resemble the emotional state of most adults?

The next question this definition initiates is the constitution of an adult's emotional state.

From what I can see this means a few things:

1. Settling down to raise a family, stable job, stable home life, etc. A mature adult should be able to provide for their family.

2. Ability to cope with changes/unplanned events. If things do not go as planned a mature person should adapt quickly.

3. Empathy- ability to care for other people, to recognise their needs and wants.
            in addition to your own.

4. Direction/purpose. Most adults know what they want to do with their life, they have already decided where they are headed and have made some kind of plan.

5. Mortality- recognition that death prevails, that people only have so much time to live life, that they can be hurt or killed.

That's all I can think of right now.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I don't have any specific comments but I think those are all pretty measures of maturity. 2 and 3 are especially important.
              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Who wants to be mature?
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

hey who edited my post.

I didn't use any bad words. And it really didn't deal with sex. What I said could be interpreted in any number of ways.

And who reported me? I think those with the problem are the ones that cannot handle anything the remotely deals with sex (again what I posted didn't necesarily deal with sex). Yet posters can post about murder, drugs use, and have handles like Albert Speer.

And yes maturity is overrated.

Comment

Well, I never argued the desireability of maturity, merely the content. The more you know what maturity is, the easier it becomes to avoid.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

"Don't ask me. I'm a Capricorn. We're famous for aging backwards"
                      We are? Hmmmm, that makes a bit of sense considering that when I was young I was quite "adulty".
                      On the other hand, I don't feel it's me becoming more immature. Rather I feel that as I grow older I recognize the appropriate times when I can loosen up and not be very mature, and the times which I should take seriously and be the wicked buff super-hero or whatever.
                      "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                      Drake Tungsten
                      "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                      Albert Speer

Comment

I think that girls and boys face different challenges during their adolescent years and so mature in different ways. A girl is more likely to be forced to mature oweing to her role as a mother. It's easier for a boy to neglect his parental duties. In the workplace they're pretty much equal. After high school they're pretty much equal in school too.
                        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Knevil
                          Yes, I hate women too.

Can't defend it, won't defend it, I just hate the little *****es.
                          looks like you get...NONE

BURNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN, and we little *****es hate you!
                          The only reason I was gone for so long was because I hate you people!!!

Comment

One of them, either men or women, will be earlier mature. Not because of any biological things, but because they are raised in a different way. When they are raised in different ways there is a high chance that one of the sexes will be mature before the other in that special society.

Comment

Working...
                            X