No announcement yet.

The Feminist Myth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Psychologically, I don't know who matures faster, but as far as physical appearance goes, the end of childhood, and the beginning of 'teenagehood' girls start GENERALLY earlier. this is the early teenage years are the only years when statistically girls/women are higher than boys/men of the same age. It supposed to give them some sort of egde, they're able to bear children much earlier.
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

It truly amuses me when I hear women explaining that the reason they're going out with some guy who's five years older than them, who still lives with his parents (or is at uni getting drunk every night), rides a skateboard and generally has the mental age of a four year-old is because they're after someone as mature as they are.

Comment

Men's tendency to fight and war has nothing to do with "maturity", its a long standing evolutionary and biological predisposition. The human species has something called "sexual dimorphism" meaning that men and women are biologically different, and more specifically, that men are bigger, stronger, and the biological "defenders" of the race. Other species have this too. Now, not that those predispositions can't be curbed, since we are living in different times than 90,000 years ago.

But "maturity" is all relative, I think since women aren't warlike this myth has been started that they are somehow the standard to be judged by. Men could easily do the same and call women immature.

And please, people always say the world we be a better place with no wars if it were run by women. This is true, since there wouldn't be any humans left on the planet to wage them. Humanity would have been destroyed by mountain lions and panthers 100k years ago if it weren't for men.

So be grateful. I think the male sex has done a great job in calming down its urges to fight and make war over the centuries, but its harder than you'd think. Men can't stop the desire to be aggressive and fight just as much as women can't stop the desire to want to mother and provide for their familes. Its all biological.

And don't bring psychology into this, psychology is convoluted bunk compared to anthropology. Everything every human has ever done EVER can be explained by evolution.

Comment

i don't think this is true at all.
          there are some men i know who are in their 20's
          who are very, very mature.
          and certainly more mature than some females that age that i know.

i think life experiance plays a great deal into maturity
          and if you believe in the afterlife..... old souls..

so it is once again a stereo type....
          and im not surprised Bod bringing it up.
          "If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." -Katherine Hepburn

Comment

This is a toughie. Most women do seem more mature when they are younger. But are they really? I think they just hide it better. It's a culture thing. It's generally OK for guys to go around acting like kids, but less acceptable for girls. They are to be more sexy, not act like a kid. It's a part of the way society is.

Comment

Originally posted by boann
              i don't think this is true at all.
              there are some men i know who are in their 20's
              who are very, very mature.
              and certainly more mature than some females that age that i know.

i think life experiance plays a great deal into maturity
              and if you believe in the afterlife..... old souls..

so it is once again a stereo type....
              and im not surprised Bod bringing it up.
              I agree, there are ups and downs. There are some female qualities that I think are more progressive, but others where I think men are "ahead". Of course its all just cultural relativism.

Like ever notice how catty girls are? Especially in their late teens and 20. Its cutthroat, and you don't generally see this among men.

And stereotyping is right, saying women are "more mature" is just another stereotype, albeit a more PC one so its more acceptable than if I were to say, all negroes are immature.

See?

Comment

Oh by the way my post refers to mental maturity.

As for physical maturity girls mature much faster than boys. In fact this has even sped up. In the USA there is evidence that girls are hitting puberity at an earlier age than ever before. Some blame this on food additives and other environmental contaminants. Who knows what is causing it, but it does happen.

Comment

People are people. Females are ahead a while early in life, then it all evens out, unless you fight it.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Btw, both men and women have their physical, mental and social statistical strengths and weaknesses. Men have more raw force, and endurance, whilst women have finess, and flexibility. Men are better with mathematical skills, esp. moving parts and dimensions, women are better with verbal skills, and multitasking. Men Excel at commander-subordinate organizational structures, while women are better at egalitarian decision making. The wisdom is to know that we compliment each other, and that the fight of the sexes is futile, useless, and illogical.

Furthermore, one shouldn't think of these differences in any political way. 'Real Men' are not some sort of fascist thugs, and real women are no sock-knitting elderly women who like to gossip. The best men and women are the ones that have the integrated into themselves the best of all features in moderation, while still remaining in tune with what they're.
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Azazel: So that's the kind of bland stereotypes they teach you in the Israeli military state nowadays?

Comment

men are better at math

any girl will tell you this

Comment

yes, Kropo.

I am not saying that this is the law,but the tendency. If you want to call me a bigot, go ahead. This doens't make niether women, nor man "better", just different.
                          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                            men are better at math

any girl will tell you this
                            Yep, and spatial awareness. Females just do not have a clue on busy pavements.

Oh, and whoever brought up the thing about aggression...at least when men have a disagrement, it's sorted out there and then. Women let it fester and destroy not just the immediate relationship but plenty more besides, usually over something very little.
                            www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

There's so much crap about this flying around in the air. You get told all the time that women can't handle machines and so forth as well as men and then you just think back for five freaking seconds to those classes in school with the sewing machines and you know it's just stereotypical crap. Women are different because they and we are told there is a difference. There might be a diffent that's beyond culture but it's not possible to spot it behind all the **** that's reproduced in society. Some basic things like aggression might be facts but beyond that anyone is out on thin ice.

No you might not be bigots but you sure are the product of contemporary society as is the people you're talking about.

Comment

Maturity is alot about upbringing and experience. I've found people who have had "life experiences" to be more mature than those who have been molly-coddled all their life.

I think it fair to say 3rd world children are more mature than 1st world children. If for no-other reason than they cannot afford to have a childhood.
                                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X