Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Annoying "friends": How do you dump them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does her boyfriend not get annoyed by her behavior?
    Last edited by trickey; December 23, 2002, 18:35.

Comment

The solution to your problem lies along on of two paths:

Path 1 (The responsible one) Tell her what you think of her and refuse to let her in the door, hang up on her when she calls, and every day in every way be sure to firmly exclude her from your lives. This should work if you are men enough to ignore her pathetic attempts at whining and double down on your adamancy.

Path 2 (The fun one) Use her as your own personal amusement device. Let not a moment go by while she is there that you don't find a way to put her down, make her the butt of your jokes, play tricks upon her etc. Give her not a moment's rest. When she tries to bum a smoke, give her one whose filter was placed up your own butt previously, and then see how long you guys can go without cracking up. Ditto the food, etc. Make every annoying habit she has into a laugh riot for yourselves, but this time at her expense and not yours. She will quickly become uncomfortable around you, and hopefully will stay away after a while. Meanwhile you recoup your losses a bit by getting all of your aggressions out, and you can still pretend with horrifically mock sincerity that you aren't fvcking with her at all.

In the future, a small dose of #1 early on makes a lot of pain as well as the moral riskiness of #2 unnecessary.
      He's got the Midas touch.
      But he touched it too much!
      Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Annoying "Friends". How do you dump them?
        Dang if I know. I've tried everything from letterwriting to exiling Matthew Perry to the Moon.
        Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Some people are not as social as others. I haven't met her to judge for myself, but there is a good chance she does not realize what a ***** she is being, or understand there is something wrong with her behavior. I don't reccomend you cut off ties with her right away. Have you and her friends sit down with her and have a talk, and explain what she does that you don't like and how you feel, and see if it possible to come to terms with her. If she refuses to change her behavior, well then simply tell her you don't want to see her anymore and don't let her in. But I think you should at least try to talk out your problems with her in a calm manner.
          "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Originally posted by Sikander
            Path 2 (The fun one) When she tries to bum a smoke, give her one whose filter was placed up your own butt previously, and then see how long you guys can go without cracking up.

I had a woman bum smokes from me for years at work, until I told her I dirty D**ked one before I gave it to her.

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski

I had a woman bum smokes from me for years at work, until I told her I dirty D**ked one before I gave it to her.

ACK!
              I don't know why I find that so funny, but it cracks me up. I guess there is still a bit of the Butthead alive and well in my 41 year old body.
              He's got the Midas touch.
              But he touched it too much!
              Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Me too, that's why I said it. On the plus side, she never bummed a smoke again.

ACK!
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

now let me get this straight. She's ugly, mean, eats your food, and takes your smokes? wow, do you guys bend over when someone tells he'll kick you in the ass?

HEy..why is your friend dating such a barker?

annnd

The solution to your problem lies along on of two paths:

Path 1 (The responsible one) Tell her what you think of her and refuse to let her in the door, hang up on her when she calls, and every day in every way be sure to firmly exclude her from your lives. This should work if you are men enough to ignore her pathetic attempts at whining and double down on your adamancy.

Path 2 (The fun one) Use her as your own personal amusement device. Let not a moment go by while she is there that you don't find a way to put her down, make her the butt of your jokes, play tricks upon her etc. Give her not a moment's rest. When she tries to bum a smoke, give her one whose filter was placed up your own butt previously, and then see how long you guys can go without cracking up. Ditto the food, etc. Make every annoying habit she has into a laugh riot for yourselves, but this time at her expense and not yours. She will quickly become uncomfortable around you, and hopefully will stay away after a while. Meanwhile you recoup your losses a bit by getting all of your aggressions out, and you can still pretend with horrifically mock sincerity that you aren't fvcking with her at all.

In the future, a small dose of #1 early on makes a lot of pain as well as the moral riskiness of #2 unnecessary.
                  I personally would go with number 2.

Comment

Easy. All you guys sit her down and explain all the do's and don'ts to her. Things like no bumming smokes, no stealing food, no freeloading, sort of thing. Oh, don't forget to keep your doors locked.

If your best friend doesn't like it, explain this situation to him. If he really is a friend, he will understand. If he doesn't, well, dump him too.

P.S. You can all give up smoking, it works great
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

urban..DAMN you and your "being rational" mumbo jumbo.

I say pick on her and make her cower away

Comment

Femme
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

just throw your own feces at her...
                          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

These are all great. But honestly, I think we're doomed. We're all just too damn nice to people... I mean, actually we're complete *******s, we talk about everyone behind their back and dislike around 90% of the planet. But to people's faces, we can't be mean.

However, there may be a glimmer of hope on the horizon. She's started hanging with this loser vegan from her work who doesn't drink, smoke and likes to sit around drinking tea on the weekends (sorry if this describes anyone here ) as well as his loser friends. But I honestly think the real reason she likes him is because he has a car... Coincidentally she started hanging out with him as soon as my friend with a car made it clear he didn't want to be her choffeur anymore ()

Somehow we need to capitalize on this. But how....

Comment

remember, saying to people that they're *******s, is basic freedom, IIRC, enshrined in the constitution, or whatever piece of cardboard you have there in canada.
                              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Back in highschool me and (mostly) some of my friends had a very similar problem... It was mostly limited to school though, although she did invite them to her "birthday party" (where they turned out to be the only ones).

Luckily it was only the last 6 months of highschool or so.

She was fat and small, a year younger with hardly any friends in her own class. Telling her we hated her and she just had to piss off didn't help. She just thought we were joking, or it only lasted for a little while.

The "wimpy" solution would be to talk to her friend first and try to let him deal with it. If that doesn't work do it together.
                                As to how to capitalise on the vegan... Make subtle (or not so subtle) comments about what a cool guy he is, and why she doesn't hang out with him more often.
                                Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Working...
                                X