Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Annoying "friends": How do you dump them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying "friends": How do you dump them?

Hey, I'm a first time poster but a looooooong time lurker... like since back when the Ultimate Civ2 Site and the The Ultimate Greek Site (or whatever it was called) merged to form Apolyton.

Anyways, I just thought I'd pose a quick question to you guys as my debut to the forums. Actually, maybe it isn't that quick, although keep in mind I'm really just venting and want to see what an outside observer would think. But here goes.

We're all college students, my friends and I, and we've got this problem. A rather large problem. See, there's this girl that we just don't like at all, in fact we hate her. But the problem is, we don't know how to get rid of her and I was wondering if you guys have ever been in a similar situation?

She's such a snake and a mooch. All she does is pop down (we all live in the same apartment buildings) uninvited, eat our food, make a mess, complain, stay way too long, and bum smokes. She'll be like "want to go for a smoke?" and we'll be like "sure", then when we get outside, she'll wait for someone to take out their pack then be like "does anyone have a smoke I can bum?" Christ, thats what I mean by snake.

Or she'll just come in and start rooting through the fridge without asking and mess up a bunch of clean dishes, or ask to borrow money so she can go to Mcdonalds without having to withdraw at an ATM (even though she makes way more money than any of us).

Actually, it can be funny at times. One of our friends has a car, and she'll call him from the plaza and be like "hey, we're all down at the plaza, come meet us", and so he'll drive over and it will be just her there and she'll be like "I need to get a few groceries real quick", so she'll go into the grocery store and get car loads of groceries and ask my friend (after she buys them) "can you give me a lift home? I'll cook up some food when we get there" and my friend will be like "Well... " then she'll throw a fit saying she can't get the groceries home if he doesn't, and he'll finally submit. Then when he gets to her house and helps bring in all her ****, she'll be like "I'm tired, I'm going to bed..." So there goes 3 hours of his day and a full tank of gas. Haha. Its only funny because its not me.

Now, I've dumped plenty of friends before, but she is by far the worst of them, and to make it stickier, she's one of our best friends' girlfriend. We never liked her, but tolerated her because, obviously, she's our friends girlfriend... we didn't think they would last long, so we didnt worry too much, but now they've moved in together and plan to marry. Jesus.

Anyways, to make a long story short, we want to dump her and still be friends with Brian (our friend). Recently we've come to the conclusion that we can't go on anymore with her (its been over a year), and we've dubbed the effort "Operation: Lose Fatso" I can give you many more examples of things she does (they can be unbelievable at times).

Has anyone else had any similar situations where you have an annoying friend? If so, share your stories!

By the way, I appologize for how long that was. I didn't mean to put you all to sleep.

Comment

Quite simple: plain bluntness. Tell her you are all very angry at her ways and for her to f**k off. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. This bloke is going to have to make his decisions...but your friend just can't have both.
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

You're right Prov,

But I think we're all a bunch of wussies... we don't want to make our friend mad.

We're looking for more of an underhanded sneaky solution

Comment

Prov, hahah I wish I knew you in real life... you're awesome...
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I don't think there is one...well, except one...

...kill her and destroy her body...everyone will just think she disappeared, nothing anyone can do
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Wow I know people who have annoying sticky ppl that pretend to be friends (I'm lucky I never have that ****) but this seems a bit worse...

I would do it this way: For instance, that car thingy: Just say right in her face that you haven't got much time, that you have some urgent stuff to do that's way more important.

Or, why don't you ask her to do something for you instead? You could apply the same tactics
              It sure looks like she makes you all do things for her, but just ask her for example to wash your dishes for just this one time (you have to go somewhere urgently or something and this chore needs to be done). I think that if all of you do this at the same time, long enough, maybe she'll get the picture, and perhaps she will stop being such a b**ch
              "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
              "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Lock your doors so she cant come in.

Dont give her smokes..tell her "do you EVER buy your own?"

if she goes in your fridge say "are you gonna buy groceries to replace all the crap you're eating"

if she asks for more mcdonalds money, tell her you dont have any..

I would be a lot meaner...but thats only because Ive put up with peoples crap toooo much in the past..

My bf had a friend of his stay with us last year, with the agreement that hed contribute money every now and again for groceries....

did he?

no..

did I say anything

No..cuz I didnt wanna be a *****

time passes...he keeps acting like a loser mooch

I get more and more aggravated,,

until one night I here him shuffling around in the kitchenm, heating up MY papa Johns pizza...

and Boooy...It went all linda blair.

I was heated...my bf had to come out and shut me up...

I gave him a place to stay, food to eat...a place to shower////....and all I asked was for a LITTLE bit of money..no rent..no nada...

and you know what he said "you really need to change the way you treat people" I wish I could have bashed him in the skull

NOW..as soon as you tick me off..I'll let you know.

ANYWAY..let the heifer know....tell your friend about howq you feel in regards to his girlfriends actions.

Comment

Tell the ***** to **** off.

D L

urgh.NSFW

Comment

wow, go femme!
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

What college do you go to?
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Was she hot? Because breaking a hot chick who acts like that into something graceful would be the ultimate of tasks. That f*cking rules

Comment

Originally posted by Zylka
                          Was she hot? Because breaking a hot chick who acts like that into something graceful would be the ultimate of tasks. That f*cking rules
                          and we've dubbed the effort "Operation: Lose Fatso"
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Abso-bloody-lutely Femme You don't have to take sh*t from no one!
                            Speaking of Erith:

Comment

now let me get this straight. She's ugly, mean, eats your food, and takes your smokes? wow, do you guys bend over when someone tells he'll kick you in the ass?
                              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                              X