No announcement yet.

They can't say merry Christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latin is the preferred language of the Roman Catholic Church.

The Old Testament was written in Hebrew. The New Testament was written in ancient Greek.
    Infograme: n: a message received and understood that produces certain anger, wrath, and scorn in its recipient. (Don't believe me? Look up 'info' and 'grame' at dictionary.com.)

Comment

Originally posted by Caligastia
      If someone says "Happy Hannukah" or something, I would not be offended, I would wish them a happy hannukah back.
      True, but then again, you don't have a history going back hundreds of years of your ancestors being killed for not being Jewish.

It's understandable if Jews and other non-Christians show annoyance of having Christianity shoved down their throats once again.

Comment

How is wishing someone a Merry Christmas shoving Christianity down someone's throat? The intention is not to evangelise, but to spread goodwill.

Trust me, if a Christian were trying to evangelise, it would be somewhat more obvious
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

This world is going bananas

**** it all

Just for that I'm going to go to athiest meeting and wish everyone a merry christmas.

makes you think athiests are the most intolerant people in the world.

Comment

I'm an atheist, and it would never occur to me to be offended by this. In fact, I will happily wish everyone a merry Christmas.

"Christmas" is just a word. Regardless of its origins, it's now just a label for the not-particularly-Christian (and originally pagan) winter festival. It's a holiday where secular pleasures are celebrated in excess (eating too much, drinking too much, having a good time).

Comment

Or you could just say happy festivus

Comment

Working...
              X