They can't say merry Christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They can't say merry Christmas

Recently a person where i live got offended when a employee at a grocery store wished him "merry Christmas". The man doesn't celebrate Christmas. Now the store has a rule that emplyees must say "happy Holidays" instead of "merry Christmas".

Do you guys think that is right?

no.

merry christmas and if you dont like it go **** yourself

Comment

then again the customer is always right

Comment

Just some hardline anti-Christmas person. I like to hear "Merry Christmas" when shopping and that's also what I usually say before Christmas to the janitor while shopping before Christmas. Well, I wouldn't impose any such stupid rule that you cannot say "Merry Christmas."
        "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

I don't know if it's 'right' or not,, but it's certainly not wrong…
          Happy Holidays certainly has a more inclusive tone than merry christmas, and isn't that what love and religion and all those happy things are supposed to be about, anyway? Inclusion?
          "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
          Drake Tungsten
          "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
          Albert Speer

Comment

it's good to live in a country where 98% of the people share your religion.

that way you can say merry christmas and have a 98% of not offending anyone

merry christmas you bastard, what wrong with that?

Comment

I think the guy who got offended should take a chill pill and shut the hell up. it's all in good faith and if some dude from the other side of the world said to me "have a happy gufxerlakrfopiz, or whatever, I'd say thank you. Was this actually in Canada? jesus, some people. That the shop starts taking that a$$hole's offence serioulsy shows how scared people are of not being pc enough.

Comment

hey, and what happens if I don't have any holidays because I work in the hospital or something? Does every shop have to know that about me? I think I'll just dump on everyone who does have holidays and expresses it, yeah that would be fun...

Comment

I heard there is no Christmas
                  In the silly Middle East
                  No trees, no snow, no Santa Claus
                  They have different religious beliefs

They believe in Muhammad
                  And not in our holiday
                  And so every December
                  I go to the Middle East and say...

"Hey there Mr. Muslim
                  Merry ****ing Christmas
                  Put down that book the Koran
                  And hear some holiday wishes.

In case you haven't noticed
                  It's Jesus's birthday.
                  So get off your heathen Muslim ass
                  and ****ing celebrate.

There is no holiday season in India I've heard
                  They don't hang up their stockings
                  And that is just absurd!

They've never read a Christmas story.
                  They don't know what Rudolph is about
                  And that is why in December
                  I'll go to India and shout...

Hey there Mr. Hinduist
                  Merry ****ing Christmas
                  Drink eggnog and eat some beef
                  And pass it to the missus.

It's Jesus's birthday
                  So get off your heathen Hindu ass
                  and ****ing celebrate!

Now I heard that in Japan
                  Everyone just lives in sin
                  They pray to several gods
                  And put needles in their skin.

On December 25th
                  All they do is eat a cake
                  And that is why I go to Japan
                  And walk around and say...

Hey there Mr. Shintoist
                  Merry ****ing Christmas
                  God is going to kick your ass
                  You infidelic pagan scum.

There's festive things to do
                  So lets all rejoice for Jesus
                  And Merry ****ing Christmas to you.

On Christmas day I travel `round the world and say,
                  Taoists, Krishnas, Buddhists, and all you atheists too,
                  Merry ****ing Christmas, To You!
                  "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                  "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Well I've said merry christmas to plenty of non christians ad non stuck up asses atheist christians (yes) and that was ok and pleasant because it is a good wish not a holy inquisition procedure.

it's like that in the real world.

Comment

I didn't know they were not "christians" BTW or I had temporarily forgot.

For example: there was a group of people mainly from Europe and America. I asked an aquintance if he was going home for Chstimas completely forgeting at that time that he was from Turkey.

He smiled, I understood my mistake and his reply was: that's ok we have something equivalant and it is also holidays season in Turkey.

So saying merry Christmas enriches your encyclopedic knowledge so there.

Comment

Odd how "Merry Christmas" offends enough to complain, yet my own "Enjoy the Birthing of Your Messiah" just gets odd looks.
                        Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                        -Richard Dawkins

Comment

GAP stores here are only allowed to say "Seasons Greetings" or "Happy Holidays" instead.

Doesn't bother me...

Very diverse city we live in, no need to assume everyone's Christian.
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

er... athiest christians? can you run that by me again?

Comment

If someone says "Happy Hannukah" or something, I would not be offended, I would wish them a happy hannukah back. So why do PC *******s get offended with "Merry Christmas"? I guess they must hate anything to do with christianity.
                              ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                              ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Working...
                              X