No announcement yet.

UK 'Poly Meet Jan/Feb/Mar 2003

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How dare you speak ill of Sheffield Wednesday! A pox on thee!
    "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Oh and Leeds is not the 3rd biggest city in england, either by poulation or area, Manchester and birmingham are much bigger.
      Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
      Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Gig goers!

Are you coming down on the 7th or on the 8th for the gig?

I have the next day off so we can take the party back to my house after the gig. Yes, you are getting invited to the post show party. Aren't you lucky.
        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
        We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by Rothy
          Further to the last post,England steel industry basically was Sheffield... one of the most productive cities in the whole country in the Early 1900's , like one of the Civ cities producing 200 sheilds .
          Churning out god knows how much pollution as well

Originally posted by Faboba
          Besides... who the **** want's to go to Warrick?
          Me. Warwick's a damn nice campus.
          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Faboba

Well my choice for Creative Writing is bascially either Aberystwyth or Warrick. Personally I'm going for the former as it seems to be a nice place, the idea of a town almost entirely opoulated by uni students is rather appealing and I appreciate the irony. Besides... who the **** want's to go to Warrick?
            Go for Aber. Lowest drop-out rate of any British university. Brilliant place.
            www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

They only don't drop out because they're too far from anywhere to go anywhere else... they're stuck.

Incidentally, "Warwick" University isn't actually in Warwick. It's in Coventry. 'Nuff said.
              Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

You do know we're only 90 minutes from England by train or car...the coast is kind of concave and we are at the most concave point.

Now, Haverfordwest or Caernarfon are out of the way...
                www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Yeah, an hour and a half from a bit of England nobody lives near...

Comment

Shrewsbury is a major town!

Anyway, its detachment is a positive thing as well. Aber is self-sufficient and has all the amenities of a much, much larger town.
                      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

It also, surprisingly, has one of the largest student Tory associations in the country (well over 100 members, apparentely)...

Comment

Are you trying to convince yourself or us?

It's only got the lowest drop out rate because no-one can be bothered to travel that far just to drop out.
                          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                          We've got both kinds

Comment

Yeah but we still have annoying pacifists as well. I really can not understand them at all...got a left-wing girl in some of my economics class and she started arguing with the lecturer
                            www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

It's only got the lowest drop out rate because no-one can be bothered to travel that far just to drop out.
                              That's what I said.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
                                Are you trying to convince yourself or us?

I don't need convincing. And it really isn't that far to travel ffs! It's less than 2 and a half hours from Manchester if everything goes to plan.
                                www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Working...
                                X