This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by finbar
    Wasn't that where Joe Roff played? Or am I wrong?
    No, Joe Roff played for the Biarritz Olympique the current French Champion.

BTW, do you know how many of the Australian players are faring over there? I think Manny Edmonds is with Perpignan - whom my Tractor Boys are playing tonight, I think.
    I don't know how many australian players are playing in the french championship, I will try to have a look at them when I read the comments in the newspapers.
    "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Changing your phone number? One way of avoiding les créanciers, j'imagine. I must give it a burl.
      I have no time to answer now, I will post more on this this afternoon.
      "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Originally posted by Tamerlin
        Nonetheless I agree with LDiCesare, England-France result is of course wrong.
        An '87 RWC final rematch could be fun...

Originally posted by finbar

More wrong than you think. Neither team will be in the Final!
        Actually I reckon its pretty likely that one of them will. Unless Ireland beat England, and Wales beat France..
        ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
        ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

• Originally posted by Caligastia
          An '87 RWC final rematch could be fun...
          To some extent...

Comment

Changing your phone number? One way of avoiding les créanciers, j'imagine. I must give it a burl.
            "I must give it a burl", this is what my "le petit Ophrys" call a typical australian sentence.

In france there is a postal code for each town or village. Cities like Toulouse have several postal codes for different areas. When you move to a new home which postal code is different from the former one, you can't keep the same phone number. This explains why I had to change it.

I.T. bastards!

Just out of interest, what does it cost you for ADSL connection? Did you say it was unlimited? Time or downloads? Or both? My cable connection is very expensive because we only have 2 cable providers in the country so there's no competition. I pay 30.5 Euros a month for unlimited time but there's a 500MB download limit. If I pass the limit, which I always do, I pay more.
            My current connection is unlimited in time and downloads.

The Internet Access Providing market is a very competitive one, there are many companies who wage a kind of price war.

What is interesting is that the price of the ADSL Modem and the line creation is refunded when you contract a deal with my current provider. I now own the ADSL Modem and will keep it if I break my contract with this company.

The cost changes with the speed of the ADSL access (no downloads limit) :

128 k 30 €
            512 k 45.42 €
            1024 k 80 €

I have choosed the 128 K ADSL as it is, in my own opinion, the best compromise between speed and cost with an unlimited access.

Comment

Actually I reckon its pretty likely that one of them will. Unless Ireland beat England, and Wales beat France..
              Since when has logic had a place in this thread?

In fact, I thought we decreed that employing logic warranted a card of some colour.
              " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
              "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

"I must give it a burl", this is what my "le petit Ophrys" call a typical australian sentence.
                Your "le petit Ophrys" sounds like a great reference. I've never heard of it. How is it organised? Like a thesaurus? Or a dictionary?

What is interesting is that the price of the ADSL Modem and the line creation is refunded when you contract a deal with my current provider. I now own the ADSL Modem and will keep it if I break my contract with this company.
                The benefits of competition!

The cost changes with the speed of the ADSL access (no downloads limit) :

128 k 30 €
                512 k 45.42 €
                1024 k 80 €
                Interesting cost comparisons. My download speed is 512k (well, technically, it's uncapped) but I pay heavily for downloads over 500MB a month. But your costs still aren't cheap. I thought they might have been a bit cheaper than they are.

I have choosed the 128 K ADSL as it is, in my own opinion, the best compromise between speed and cost with an unlimited access.
                I think you're right. Unless you're in the habit of downloading massive files, 128k is perfectly reasonable, I'd've thought.
                " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
                "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Heineken Cup results of interest to the thread:

Gloucester 35 -d- Perpignan 16

Toulouse 30 -d- Edinburgh 9

Leicester 24 -d- Beziers 12*

*Damn! Now we're not going to get Havak using the subjunctive tense!

Comment

In fact, I thought we decreed that employing logic warranted a card of some colour.
                    This one should be awarded just for the fun of it !

Some Heineken Cup results :

Edinburgh 9 - Stade Toulousain 30

Montferrand 20 - Leinster 23 (big surprise, the AS Montferrand is virtually eliminated)

Newport 16 - London Irish 12

Northampton 25 - Cardiff 11

Sawansea 26 - Bristol 19

Calvisano 38 - Neath 29 (an Italian team winning against an Welsh one )

Sale 19 - Llannelli 30
                    Last edited by Tamerlin; December 8, 2002, 19:17.

Comment

Heineken Cup results of interest to the thread:

Gloucester 35 -d- Perpignan 16

Leicester 24 -d- Beziers 12*
                      Only Bourgoin -d- Glasgow remains unknown.

Thanks for the results, I was listening at the radio with the hope to hear them, the commentator gave all the results of the French S***** Championship but said nothing about Rugby. I HATE S*****.

*Damn! Now we're not going to get Havak using the subjunctive tense!
                      The defender of good language you are should be relieved.

Comment

Only Bourgoin -d- Glasgow remains unknown.
                        Bourgoin 35 -d- Glasgow 21.

Here's a link to all the weekly Heineken results.

The defender of good language you are should be relieved.
                        True, but I like the occasional free kick at him.

Comment

Bourgoin 35 -d- Glasgow 21.

Here's a link to all the weekly Heineken results.
                          Thanks for the result and the link.

Comment

• But where's Havak? Mugged in the back alleys of Beziers?

Comment

• He said he wouldn't be back till tuesday...
                              ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                              ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

He said he wouldn't be back till tuesday...
                                Which does not mean he isn't mugged in a back alley of Béziers singing a song to the everlasting glory of the Tigers with some other supporters (and perhaps some Biterrois).

Comment

Working...
                                X